Black Veil Brides
We Stitch These Wounds

by DragonHeartstring USER (48 Reviews)
July 3rd, 2013 | 61 replies | 3,012 views

Review Summary: Arguably the best debut ever.

Black Veil Brides are uncontestably one of my favorite bands. Not only do they possess one of the best looking frontmen out there, if not THE best looking frontman out there, they are absurdly talented and generally make albums of the best time. Their first album was a full blown metalcore album but they were not an ordinary metalcore band, they were retarded. Unfortunately, not everyone sees things this way despite the fact that the band put on one hell of a show on their debut.

To put it simply, the vocal performance here is flawless. Andy Biersack is absolutely incredible behind the microphone, with one of the nicest, most seductive and yet friendly voices out there that just makes you want to take him into a tent alone... He does some fantastic screams on tracks like Perfect Weapon, whereas his clean voice is sex to the ears-listen to acoustic song The Morticians Daughter for an example. If there were ever a vocalist that should be nominated for multiple awards, then let it be Andy Biersack as he is utterly perfect on We Stitch These Wounds.

The rest of the band are not slouches either, with some great drumming on tracks like Beautiful Remains, whereas Children Surrender shows off some awesome guitar work. This band is heavily influenced by Avenged Sevenfold and the like, and are not afraid to give a homage to this with the opening riff to hit song Knives And Pens, which is clearly influenced by Unholy Confessions by Sevenfold. It is nice to hear a band this willing to show off their influences in their music whilst never compromising their own musical values.

This is a release where the lyrical content is at the forefont of everything, and such should be the case. The tracks here are primarily encouraging people to just be themselves and not listen to what other people say and it is really nice to hear subject matter such as this. This is just the final piece in the puzzle that BVB assembled on their masterful debut.

Mathew Lim ImpressionsKorn Korn

willchambers216

That 5.

smallz362
July 2nd 2013

Like most people I could bash the review based on my disinterest for this band, but in a subjective standpoint, the writing for this review is incredibly poor. Using words such as "retarded" and "sex to the ears" only exemplifies the juvenile nature of the review, making the reader uninterested in whatever opinion you are trying to bring to the table. I hope this is some sort of troll review and not something one should take seriously.

SlMBOLlC

lol this is lkike the 5th time youve reviewed this album skele

MeatSalad

Awful review/rating

Digging: Mr. Bungle - California

SlMBOLlC
July 2nd 2013

skele trollin hard again lol

facupm
July 2nd 2013

writes two review for the same album

SirDazza28
July 2nd 2013

It's not as bad as people say it is.

20773 Comments

second paragraph is hilarious. andy ballsack is a piece of shit frontman and a pathetic excuse for a human

XingKing
July 2nd 2013

"writes two review for the same album"

Pretty sure he's gone at least three on the same album.

didnt neg tho

Calc

I did!!!!

:]

Digging: He Is Legend - Heavy Fruit

silentstar
July 2nd 2013

if you dropped the rating by .5, more people would appreciate the review.

ILJ

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ILJ
July 2nd 2013

"if you dropped the rating by .5, more people would appreciate the review.

take a look at this guy, for example:

joke's on you that review is also a skele review

he does this a lot

lmao

DegausserGuernica24

skeletonissatar

PunchforPunch
July 2nd 2013

Skeletor is the most evil being and most dangerous threat on Eternia

Matthaios
July 3rd 2013

I'm almost certain you're just a troll

DegausserGuernica24
July 3rd 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RLY?!?!?!??!!

ChopSuey
July 3rd 2013

"Arguably the best debut ever."

uhhhhhhhh.....................no