Uriah Heep
The Best of Uriah Heep

by Daniel Dias USER (31 Reviews)
June 21st, 2013 | 1 replies | 470 views

Release Date: 1976 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Essential Heep!

This review will be very short and simple to begin with. I was thinking about ignoring this compilation and move on to "High and Mighty"'s review, but I have a couple of ideas for this review, runnin' through my mind, so I won't drop this chance... "The Best of Uriah Heep" gathers all of the classics. It is a perfect compilation, having it all. If you have never heard of these guys and you want to see their big hits and epic songs, this is the place to start. It is a compilation that summarizes the band's golden years and hits.

At that time, the band needed a compilation. The band needed a record that portrayed their legacy, their mentality and their goals. And "The Best of Uriah Heep" has the full package, from "Very Eavy' Very 'Umble" to "Return To Fantasy". They had already had numerous line-up changes, but they were able to overcome their struggles and internal issues. In the future, they wouldn't be able to do that... But that's a story for another day, I guess!

Overall, I must say: if you're a Heep fan --or a Heepster, if you will-- or if you want to start diggin' some 70's old-fashioned prog-rock, get this album. I'm sure you won't regret your decision. You certainly won't be dissapointed. Rock on!

Recommended Tracks --the whole album's awesome, but anyways--

Scorpions Fly To The RainbowScorpions Lonesome Crow
Uriah Heep Into the WildUriah Heep Wake the Sleeper

Frippertronics
June 21st 2013

Again, another decent review. You still need to work on your punctuation and should probably lengthen this review by a paragraph as this seems a tad bit short to be a review that could potentially gather interest in the band.

Digging: Molecular Corporation - Ambient Sputnik and The Dancing Government