Falling in Reverse
Fashionably Late

1.5
very poor

by Windows98IsAmazing USER (6 Reviews)
June 19th, 2013 | 19 replies

Release Date: 06/18/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A big ego, Good Instruments, Terrible Lyrics. L one thing.

Ronnie Radke is a name known by many, as an egotistical prick who thinks he runs the scene and that he is the king of music. With a history going from battery to domestic abuse, the musician had fallen into constant hate and instead of being a grown up and dealing with it, he makes an entire album dedicated to 12-17 year old people who don't like him. With the idea of a hate filled album coming from someone as hated as Radke, what a ride this turned out to be.

The album starts off with "Champion" which at the beginning sounds tolerable with a solid heavy aspect, however the second Ronnie joins in at his attempts at 'growling' the intensity is ruined, save for the drums being stable through out the entire song. The song is Ronnie believing to be the champion of the world, and that he has some god given power. His ego is the fuel for this song, and the only redeeming quality of the track is the instrumentals, which FiR never seems to slouch on. Towards the end, Ronnie raps, and it is completely useless to the song however the following breakdown is actually well written, being pretty crisp which is followed by the ending chorus, closing the first disappointment and leading straight to another. "Bad Girls Club" is completely useless to the album, Ronnie claims he was hurt by some girl and she was just like every other girl, and after this abomination comes "Rolling Stone" This track is easily the only redeeming factor of the album, focusing on how he is putting his all into his music and that the price might be being hated and standing on his own. The instrumentals are strong and the vocals are stronger then the rest of the album. The song ends with a rap passage which returns to the egotistical part of Ronnie, followed by a powerful chorus.

Next are the three singles "Fashionably Late" which is a disney song of Ronnie banging all his girlfriend's friends, "Alone" which is Ronnie talking *** to all his haters, sounding pathetic in his attempts. "Born To Lead" is homage to Dragonforce but to a weaker extent, showing very sloppy and choppy playing. "It's Over When It's Over" is more of a classic Ronnie song, tracing back to his roots save for the few bits of rap in the song, which fans might enjoy. The lyrics aren't too egotistical giving it more of an uplifting feel, making it's way into the top 3 of the album. "Game Over" is just Ronnie trying to play on Mario, writing everything about how the past is gone and people need to let go. The lyrics are actually tolerable and at times they sound refined however the failed dubstep beat takes away from this and leaves it terribly unappealing. "Self Destruct Personality" is the final song on the album worth listening to, Ronnie is talking about his own personality, but he doesn't seem to sound sad about it more saying it's the way he was meant to be. The vocals aren't ear cringing and the rap passage isn't too bad, showing Ronnie has a strong side throughout this album. The solo on this song made by Jacky Vincent is very well written, giving some hope into the band.

The rest of the album follow this lead, but at times to a more well rounded sense. With a weak lyrical structure, but with some interesting parts and some instrumental creativity this band has a back bone to it, however with Ronnie in the band the band is prone to need surgery in the near future. With a debut that was close to the original Ronnie we all at one point loved, Fashionably Late was kind of a let down

I See Stars Digital RenegadeSleeping With Sirens Feel
Capture the Crown Til DeathBullet for My Valentine Temper Temper
Device Device
1.6
very poor

The Drug in Me Is You

June 18th 2013

Probably gonna get alot of negs. First review in a few weeks

Skoj
June 18th 2013

Pos'd largely because I agree with your sentiments and you expressed them well enough.

I'd suggest a couple of edits soonish though, the third paragraph could use some commas and a little better organization. Otherwise, pretty well done.

sixdegrees
June 18th 2013

you'll never get back the time you spent writing this

Digging: Satomimagae - Koko

Thanks man I probably will edit in a bit. And I know. I was disappointed

Spec
June 18th 2013

He's not going to lose his fan base because of this.

YakNips
June 18th 2013

Yeah, he's really not. They love that idiot.

Digging: Jordaan Mason - The Decline of Stupid Fucking Western Civilization

June 18th 2013

Most people around where I live are burning their shirts and hating on FiR now. I hate this album, but there are some points where it is well done

Epicenter
June 18th 2013

"The lyrics are actually tolerable and at times they sound refined however the failed dubstep beat takes away from this and leaves it terribly unappealing."

Uh, that's not a dubstep beat. That's a 8-bit song. You know, like the one use in the old Mario games. Still, overall, its a pretty good review. POS!

June 18th 2013

Thanks man! it sounded like dubstep to me though.

theacademy
June 18th 2013

dear god that first sentence

Digging: Charli XCX - Sucker

NeoSpaz
June 18th 2013

yeah, egotistical prick kinda is a bit over the top. you could try and say something else which doesn't show your disdain for him.

Epicenter
June 18th 2013

Yeah, I agree with Neo. It kind of makes you a bit bias to hating this. We try to leave our personal opinions of musicians life outside of music out of the review.

TheSpirit
June 18th 2013

As a post whatever album this fails but as a pop album its awesome

Calc
June 18th 2013

so this album is bad, check.

joshieboy12345
June 18th 2013

The first sentence is 100% spot on.

zaruyache
June 19th 2013

It's funny that you think this album will make him lose fans.

Clearly you know nothing (Jon Snow) about this band or its fans.

Digging: Maybeshewill - Fair Youth

ZippaThaRippa
June 19th 2013

"The rest of the album follow this lead, being egotistical and trying to talk about his life is better than everyone else"

lol.

please never write again.

dimsim3478
June 19th 2013

Ronnie will truly feel "Alone" after he loses his fan base from this

Umm...the fact that he has that fanbase in the first place should be proof enough that this will change nothing.

Digging: Hard Girls - A Thousand Surfaces

June 19th 2013

I'm gonna rewrite most of it later. I found alot of errors myself