Lil B
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thug)

by oltnabrick USER (23 Reviews)
June 8th, 2013 | 91 replies

Release Date: 03/24/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: P.Y.T. oozes with every possible thought, dream and emotion Lil B could have felt while recording this. Is Lil B a wizard?

If you aren't already a devout follower of The Based God, delving into the world of Lil B’s music can be an overwhelming experience. What is the best mixtape to start with? Do you listen to all the songs on his usually lengthy mixtapes? With such an overabundance of mixtapes, it’s far too easy for the best songs to go unnoticed and get skipped over. The Based God's latest effort, P.Y.T., happens to be his most consistent since last year's God's Father.

The material on P.Y.T. is filled to the brim with variety, to an extent that it’s almost mind numbing. There’s tracks like “Alota Bitches”, a bouncy g-funk beat with a chorus telling the listener he would never “cuff” or “love the bitch”. There’s love songs like “Marry Me”, where a half-crooning, half-talking Based God sings about getting married over a lush trap-meets-80s r&b beat. Even some of the harder and heavy hitting songs like “Keith Sweat” will make you wonder what Lil B was thinking when he wrote them; “Girls in Florida, number one supporters, Bitch kiss my ass cause I look like a lawyer.” Regardless of the often brash and crude nature of Lil B's songs , P.Y.T. showcases his ability to execute the songs in ways that are both genuine and touching.

Lil B's ability to rap over just about anything is demonstrated nicely throughout this mixtape, rolling through the clean and soulful “Emotional Player” directly into the askewed and 808-heavy “510 Ratchet”, which is essentially an ode to girls who behave as if they’re going to star in Girls Gone Wild. "*** the Ops" is a grandiose track about Lil B's anger over "fake" police and security guards that is ready for the listener to cook heavily on the block.

Together, P.Y.T.’s collection of themes, feelings, beats and rhymes don’t just make up another Lil B mixtape, but make up one of his finest. For Lil B, P.Y.T., shows every possible idea, dream and the many emotions Lil B could have felt while recording this tape. It’s worthy of a listen if one happens to not be a fan of Lil B and a deafening #TYBG from us all.