Rainbow (KR)
Rainbow Syndrome Part. 2

by pizzamachine USER (211 Reviews)
June 8th, 2013 | 14 replies | 1,468 views

Release Date: 06/05/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Your regular, run-of-the-mill, totally fun K-pop EP.

K-pop is an addiction. Just when I think the sugar-coated genre is getting tiresome, an album or band comes along and gets me hooked again. Rainbow Syndrome Part. 2 is my next fix, and while it’s not particularly unique, that hasn’t stopped me from enjoying it. The songs are catchy, you’ll want to return to them again and again – maybe because you have them in your head and you want to scratch the itch, or maybe because they’re just so darn fun. The positive energy that flows from this EP is infectious, and on a particularly rainy or depressive day, who wouldn’t want their spirits lifted? This is by no means a classic release, just another enjoyable K-pop EP, but that’s good enough.

The EP starts off groovy with ‘Kiss Me’. One of the best offerings here, it’s a flawless conglomeration of offbeat synth pads, quirky sound samples, and memorable bass guitar slapping. Unfortunately, ‘Kiss Me’ is about as original as the songs get; in fact, ‘Sunshine’ rips off the string section from ‘Call Me Maybe’ (the audacity)! All in all, Rainbow is not a ground breaking girl group, but it doesn’t matter because the music is catchy. You’ll find plenty of disco moments (ex: ‘Chewing Time’) and dance music (ex: ‘Let’s Dance’), the kind of stuff that fill K-pop albums for good reason – it sticks with you and gets you moving!

Rainbow Syndrome Part. 2 won’t change the minds of K-pop haters, but for those already inclined to listen, it’s a fun little ride - expect some mindlessly enjoyable tunes that are great time wasters. Also expect singing with cutesy intonations, this is first and foremost a girl group (with seven members!) after all. Basically, you should know what you’re getting into before you listen to this, (which is coincidently the reason why I wrote this review). What you’re getting into is a great K-pop EP, no more, no less – take it or leave it.

Jeremy Soule Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion SoundtrackRa Critical Mass
Gemini Syndrome LuxSirenia Perils of the Deep Blue
Part Myth Part Legend Almagest CodexImmoralist Widow

MV for Sunshine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3V0FwPzes

sup yo

foxblood

this is really good
you should review more k-pop because no one else does

June 7th 2013

Yeah I don't get that about sputnik, K-pop rules. I'll try to review more K-pop if I can but no promises (I'm pretty scatterbrained).

June 7th 2013

Dude where's Ritchie Blackmore?

Digging: Gamma Ray - Empire of the Undead

Dude where's my car?

amanwithahammer
June 8th 2013

all the kpop albums on this site have high ratings because only the people that care about kpop rate them haha

review is good, all it tells me is this is more of the same old rehashed pop music that dominates in korea, but that's all it really needs to do anyway. i can't stand such music but to each their own. still dig bigbang and block b tho

June 8th 2013

lol true story. Thanks for the feedback man.

speaking of bigbang, I WANNA DANCE DANCE DANCE D-DANCE

never listened to k pop

whats a good alb to start with?

Digging: Ben Frost - A U R O R A

June 8th 2013

miss A - Touch (one of my favs)

checking that Girl's Day album now i guess

June 8th 2013

o you changed the rec haha dam i guess ill check that too

CK

K-Pop, fucking ewwww

June 8th 2013

K-pop all day every day!

FiveLeavesLeft