Rage Against the Machine
The Battle of Los Angeles

by pacedown USER (7 Reviews)
June 3rd, 2013 | 23 replies

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: battle of istanbul.

People,

I think you’ve all heard of the uprising, started in İstanbul and now spreaded throughout the country.
I am not going talk s**t here to make any kind of a propoganda. I’m writing this, with hopes that it will be confirmed, so that you can read.

We are let down by our own media. We get the regular information through foreign newspapers, about injuries, violence, police brutality and deaths.. A big part of our artists, journalists have shut the mouths firm already.. During our challenge , all the national T.V. channels denied our protests. No news about us whatsoever. .

the outburst , this sudden flow, can not really tell how it came to this. Its our chance to win our freedom back. In this country , where words are judged since so long now, where the prayers take a big part of the melodies we hear.

we might win. But we need your support here. we need you to spread the Word, let everyone know about our fight, in order for us to survive this. Cause our media is not writing .. these brutal people among us have to have a fear , have to feel uncomfortable, knowing that the world is watching them and aware! otherwise they ‘ll use more than tear gasses and rubber bullets on us!!

All these injured people, all those who have been and being tortured in police stations and on the streets. All of us , who have been labeled as terrorists, far leftists, communists by these religious freaks..

We need your support.

So , to this music community, to these people who have at least a little bit of soul for sure.
Stay with us & spread the Word much as you can!

Powderfinger These Days: Live in ConcertStabbing Westward Stabbing Westward
Ugly Kid Joe Menace To SobrietyMedication Prince Valium
(hed) p.e. BrokeUgly Kid Joe Motel California

HenchmanOfSanta
June 3rd 2013

Maria is a really underrated track.

Pestiferous

been a while

Rastapunk
June 3rd 2013

I like the album and I agree with what you said, propaganda through "journalism" is widely used in our World. Fight for your values, fight for freedom.

DirEnRefused
June 3rd 2013

Stop doing track by track reviews, man, it's not a good format, though I do like your meticulous detail about the song structures in the closing half.

manosg

Voice Of The Voiceless.

Digging: John Coltrane - Ballads

June 3rd 2013

Good points. That said, I know absolutely nothing about the album from this review.

Artuma

Calm Like a Bomb.

Digging: Suffocate For Fuck Sake - Blazing Fires and Helicopters on the Fro

ChopSuey
June 3rd 2013

So this is suppose to be a review?

DirEnRefused
June 3rd 2013

Why Ashes in the Fall never gets recognition is beyond me. Best track on here, climax is absurd.

Artuma

yeah it's underrated

June 3rd 2013

"So this is suppose to be a review?"

I honestly don't know lol

Rastapunk
June 3rd 2013

ChopSuey and Mongi123 I hope you guys are kidding if you don't see why he wrote that with this album...

June 3rd 2013

SMH sorry I feel like an idiot now after looking more closely. Cause another "review" like this was posted in the past and I was just confused that's all.

climactic
June 3rd 2013

these are the type of things that should get the hammer

pacedown
June 3rd 2013

i appreciate how strict you are about this website and the reviews.
im aware of all the rules and the routine.

we aint living in our routine anymore , here in istanbul.
this will stay here anyways.. just to raise the voice.

HolidayKirk

@pacedown

You know what would have been really really cool? If you had worked your struggle and cause into the themes of this album and wrote an impassioned review of it. That would have succeeded at being about the music and turning on a whole bunch of people to your cause!

What you did is lazy. I'm sorry things are tough in your country right now but your giving a speech on a platform in a gymnasium with 10 or 14 people listening who have no idea what you're talking about and just want the guy who was scheduled to come on back.

breakingthefragile
June 3rd 2013

Not really the website for this kind of thing honestly. Take it to the forums or something, I suppose it'd be more appropriate there.

Digging: Cathedrals - Cathedrals EP

MrSirLordGentleman
June 3rd 2013

interesting "review", sputnik supports Turkey!!!!!!, the album is actually pretty good too, my favorite is Born of a broken man

Digging: Nina Simone - Pastel Blues

sixdegrees

only sputnik can stop this injustice!!!1

Digging: School Food Punishment - Air Feel, Color Swim

pacedown
June 4th 2013

holidaykirk

frankly, not to be cool man.
the media is not writing here, so i have to write this to whichever wall i find.

i might have given the same reaction if i were in your shoes, you might have done the same thing here, if you were in my shoes..

take it simple , and just skip this, to anyone who could understand.
i dont really care about attention or anything else. who sees my face anyways? i dont need some cyber praise for being who i am.

still, i think music should make you feel less strict anyways..