Rage Against the Machine
The Battle of Los Angeles

by pacedown USER (7 Reviews)
June 3rd, 2013 | 23 replies

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: i want to DELETE this review. help me how. thanks

Rage Against the Machine (also known as RATM or just Rage) is an American political rap metal band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 1991, the group consists of rapper and vocalist Zack de la Rocha, bassist and backing vocalist Tim Commerford, guitarist Tom Morello and drummer Brad Wilk. They draw inspiration from early heavy metal instrumentation, as well as hip hop acts such as Afrika Bambaataa,[1] Public Enemy, the Beastie Boys and Dutch crossover band Urban Dance Squad.[2] Rage Against the Machine is well known for the members' leftist and revolutionary political views, which are expressed in many of the band's songs. As of 2010, they have sold over 16 million records worldwide.[3]
In 1992, the band released its self-titled debut album, which became a commercial and critical success, leading to a slot in the 1993 Lollapalooza festival. In 2003, the album was ranked number 368 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. The band did not release a follow-up record until 1996, with Evil Empire. The band's third album, The Battle of Los Angeles, followed in 1999, and in 2003, the album was ranked number 426 on the same list. During their initial nine-year run, they became one of the most popular and influential bands in music history, according to music journalist Colin Devenish.[4] They were also ranked No. 33 on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock. The band had a large influence on the nu metal genre which came to prominence during the second half of the 1990s.
In 2000, the band released the cover album, Renegades. The same year, growing tensions over the direction of the band prompted de la Rocha to quit, leading to the band's breakup.[5] De la Rocha started a low-key solo career, while the rest of the band formed the rock supergroup Audioslave with Chris Cornell, then-former frontman of Soundgarden; Audioslave recorded three albums before disbanding in 2007. The same year, Rage Against the Machine announced a reunion and performed together for the first time in seven years at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April 2007. Up until 2011, the band continued to perform at more live venues and festivals around the world. As of 2016, the group has no plans to perform or release new music.[6]

Powderfinger These Days: Live in ConcertStabbing Westward Stabbing Westward
Ugly Kid Joe Menace To SobrietyMedication Prince Valium
(hed) p.e. BrokeUgly Kid Joe Motel California

HenchmanOfSanta

1994 Comments

Maria is a really underrated track.

Pestiferous

been a while

Rastapunk
June 3rd 2013

I like the album and I agree with what you said, propaganda through "journalism" is widely used in our World. Fight for your values, fight for freedom.

DirEnRefused
June 3rd 2013

Stop doing track by track reviews, man, it's not a good format, though I do like your meticulous detail about the song structures in the closing half.

manosg

Voice Of The Voiceless.

Digging: Witchwood - Litanies from the Woods

June 3rd 2013

Good points. That said, I know absolutely nothing about the album from this review.

Artuma

Calm Like a Bomb.

ChopSuey
June 3rd 2013

So this is suppose to be a review?

DirEnRefused
June 3rd 2013

Why Ashes in the Fall never gets recognition is beyond me. Best track on here, climax is absurd.

Artuma

yeah it's underrated

June 3rd 2013

"So this is suppose to be a review?"

I honestly don't know lol

Rastapunk
June 3rd 2013

ChopSuey and Mongi123 I hope you guys are kidding if you don't see why he wrote that with this album...

June 3rd 2013

SMH sorry I feel like an idiot now after looking more closely. Cause another "review" like this was posted in the past and I was just confused that's all.

climactic
June 3rd 2013

these are the type of things that should get the hammer

pacedown
June 3rd 2013

i appreciate how strict you are about this website and the reviews.

im aware of all the rules and the routine.

we aint living in our routine anymore , here in istanbul.

this will stay here anyways.. just to raise the voice.

HolidayKirk

@pacedown

You know what would have been really really cool? If you had worked your struggle and cause into the themes of this album and wrote an impassioned review of it. That would have succeeded at being about the music and turning on a whole bunch of people to your cause!

What you did is lazy. I'm sorry things are tough in your country right now but your giving a speech on a platform in a gymnasium with 10 or 14 people listening who have no idea what you're talking about and just want the guy who was scheduled to come on back.

breakingthefragile
June 3rd 2013

Not really the website for this kind of thing honestly. Take it to the forums or something, I suppose it'd be more appropriate there.

MrSirLordGentleman
June 3rd 2013

interesting "review", sputnik supports Turkey!!!!!!, the album is actually pretty good too, my favorite is Born of a broken man

sixdegrees

20912 Comments

only sputnik can stop this injustice!!!1

Digging: NEGOTO - Vision

pacedown
June 4th 2013

holidaykirk

frankly, not to be cool man.

the media is not writing here, so i have to write this to whichever wall i find.

i might have given the same reaction if i were in your shoes, you might have done the same thing here, if you were in my shoes..

take it simple , and just skip this, to anyone who could understand.

i dont really care about attention or anything else. who sees my face anyways? i dont need some cyber praise for being who i am.

still, i think music should make you feel less strict anyways..