Etienne Sin
The Paradox Divide

1.0
awful

by pixie Jacob esque qt USER (33 Reviews)
May 29th, 2013 | 94 replies

Release Date: 04/19/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Warning - Side effects may include self-destructive or suicidal thoughts.

I hope to god you are not the future, Etienne.

I am 15 years old. I can make it through an Asking Alexandria album without a hitch. I am a self-proclaimed fan of Periphery and Veil of Maya, and have no difficulty taking a genre like "deathcore" seriously. That being said, this is an asinine, dull, and entirely naive piece of garbage, like every piece of music involving Etienne Sin.

I actually went through and listened to this whole EP from start to finish. I went through every pointless song, read every uninspired lyric, and suffered through every ear-wrenching fry scream.

I'm going to assume you already know the background of this guy. Yeah, he sings like a girl, and not in a good way. Yeah, he screams like he's trying too hard (P.S. he is). Yeah, he has an ego bigger than Kanye West's with no talent to back it up. Yeah, he plays breakdowns that are more than a dime a dozen, but what is there to say about Etienne that hasn't already been said?

I sure as hell don't have anything. Can this release really be worse than anything he has released in the past? Certainly. Whether it be the extreme, and I mean SEVERE irony to him screaming "Your scene is dead, this can't be stopped, I cannot be stopped." Or his unfortunate belief that "We are the future", Etienne finds his vanity and hollowness at an all time low here.

It's almost to hard to describe how awful and generic this EP is. It is almost (ALMOST) a downgrade from his releases in the past. It's the same dull song 7 times in a row. Sound fun to you? I didn't think so.

*** this, I'm going to go listen to some American Football.

Pros

- It has an ending

Cons

- Indescribably asinine
- Artificial, counterfeit, and uninspired
- Horrible lyrics and generic instrumentals

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Usurp Synapse/Hassan I Sabbah Just Do It!Hit the Pigeon Boy! It's a Pretty Dark Place to Leave a Piece of Light
Julia Brown An Abundance of StrawberriesElvis Depressedly mickey's dead
Alex G DSUFlower Face Homesick
1.2
awful
PoisonCupcakes (1)
Etienne Sin said it himself, "I Don't Give A Damn" so why don't we just follow his lead?...

Never again

Sorry?

PunchforPunch

well i'm 20

May 28th 2013

"I can make it through an Asking Alexandria album without a hitch. I am a self-proclaimed fan of Periphery and Veil of Maya, and have no difficulty taking a genre like "deathcore" seriously. That being said, this is an asinine, dull, and entirely naive piece of garbage, like every piece of music involving Etienne Sin."

Okay so apart of our 5 year difference you sound a lot like me to an extent. And you don't like this. This admittedly points out that i shall never listen to this.

Haha anyway yeah, listened to 2 or 3 songs by this guy a while ago.. I swear i don't get the world sometimes.

Totally agree Moreira.

And please, don't listen to this. I'm not even sure why I took the time to review this. I guess I just wanted to practice writing 1 reviews.

Scoot
May 28th 2013

oddly enough this review actually fits the quality of the music

Digging: Renounced - The Melancholy We Ache

Thanks Scoot.

Gonna go kill myself now.

May 28th 2013

LOL scoot. I won't go as far as saying the review is professional or anything beyond a rant tbh. Still, i do believe he speaks truth and why even bothering reviewing this correctly. I think we can all agree on that, and the dude has wrote some good stuff, it seems.

Your Dance Gavin Dance review seems cool btw Yak. Keep it up man, cheers.

May 28th 2013

Thanks man, it's good to hear positive words.

Nice CoC review, even if I didn't dig that album too much.

May 28th 2013

Don't mention. And cheers.

Cheers.

May 28th 2013

I'm listening to his first album right now

Cygnatti
May 28th 2013

my sides, they hurt so much from laughing.

Digging: Jerry Lee Lewis - Live at the Star Club, Hamburg

May 28th 2013

Glad I could do that for you Cyg.

May 28th 2013

review is lmaobad. At least it's short and to the point, though.

May 28th 2013

Not sure why I even wrote this, took like 5 minutes.

Just ranting.

May 28th 2013

This was a fun read dude

May 28th 2013

My pov too. It's a fast and fun read

NothingForSomething
May 28th 2013

One time I saw Etienne at an Attack Attack show.