Two Gallants
The Bloom and the Blight

by widowslaugh123 USER (4 Reviews)
April 23rd, 2013 | 6 replies

Ah, Two Gallants. I've find memories with. You defined my youth ages 15-17. We drove to parties screaming you're lyrics. We air-drummed your songs in our rooms alone. We listened to The Throes drunk with a depressed friend. We studied your style and learned every lyric after getting dumped. You were there for us, yet you could perk up every ear and triumph at any drunken gathering.

Yeah, there are not a lot of bands like Two Gallants. They got me through a lot of hard times, simultaneously supplying with many great times and good memories. Then you just disappeared... We kept listening, checking for shows, but to no avail. You guys drifted and we were hopeful but impatient. We started to lose faith and then we stumbled on this gem.

Right from the beginning of "Halcyon Days" I was intrigued. I was thinking "they still got it!" But by the time the chorus dropped it's beautiful self on my ears I was completely floored. The first side blows through with a hurricane of hits. they get their most accessible yet with "My Love Won't Wait." It's contrasted piano putting is a highlight of their career.

There is a certain jagged quality present in the songs. They sound like a beautiful lady at a party, drinking and ***ing herself up, but knowing she is too gorgeous to really get trashed.

Two Gallants have gotta older. A younger band would've put their energy in making these songs faster and longer. Now they hit short and hard. This is the best they've ever been. They trim the fat and give you lean rock songs. This is a good album to listen drunk, and hungover. The second side is full of classic songs a tearjerking melodies.

I'm drunk and this is my review.

April 23rd 2013

i got this in the mail and always meant to review it but never got around to it. it's really good though

this review is to the point i like it

tom79
April 23rd 2013

Reminds me I gotta get this still. Great band.

Digging: Business Models - Room

widowslaugh123
April 23rd 2013

You should review this. I only did it because there wasn't one. It needs a proper
review definitely

Veldin

Halcyon Days is stellar.

widowslaugh123
May 3rd 2013

Halcyon days wails. Hard to decide the best song tho. I didn't really get into the real depth in these songs. Cradle pry is just fantastic. Song of songs is fucking classic. This album kicks ass just listen to it km spotify or something and see them live.

ffs