Town Portal
Chronopoly

by Trajan USER (3 Reviews)
April 9th, 2013 | 7 replies

Review Summary: Goodness gracious, I am in love.

Town Portal, a three-man band hailing from Denmark, may be labeled as instrumental rock and not precisely be metal or progressive. Nevertheless they do know how to get your head banging and marveling at their proggy skills, even your feet tapping. Songs like the title track letting you enjoy a bit of heaviness, Uncle Genie feasting on progressiveness and Entropia fulfilling your longing for some jazzy beats.

Albeit sounding very reminiscent of their debut album Vacuum Horror, Town Portal step up their game, mainly in production quality and raising the level of their already good song writing skills to being phenomenal, all the while not trying to hard and becoming way to intricate and layered. The riffs can become repetitive at times, they do overstay their welcome a bit too much. Luckily though, Town Portal do a lot to keep their music diverse and always throw in very keen sounding musical themes and change the mood of their songs from time to time. Whilst the title track sounds very aggressive and Entropia at the verge of being jazzy and upbeat, Uncle Genie, a standout track in the lot, incorporates all of these elements within itself. Even some progressiveness can be made out.

I'd almost start singing along if the band would let some vocals carry their music. For now, I'll be whistling.

percyforward

too short?

Hopelust

Sounds interesting.

Diablo, anyone?

WashboardSuds

"too short?"

I don't think it is. pos'd

Digging: Let's Eat Grandma - I, Gemini

Calc
April 9th 2013

Holy shit someone else has heard of this lol

demigod!

Diablo, anyone? [2]

been playing that recently, might have to jam this while playing haha

Digging: Darkthrone - Arctic Thunder