The Bunny The Bear
Stories

by JSpin USER (4 Reviews)
April 9th, 2013 | 30 replies | 3,147 views

Release Date: 04/16/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Stories is a very great album, and I suggest everyone to give it a chance. In it you will find 11 tracks that are all nothing short of perfection. If you are into beats, screams, and/or high clean vocals then Stories is the album for you.

This is the follow up to The Bunny The Bear's album The Stomach For It, and their fourth album overall (third on Victory). Stories is very diverse, including heavy songs like The Frog, Dance tracks like In Like Flynn, and ballads like It's Not Always Cold in Buffalo. Every song is unique in it's own way, and none of the tracks disappoint. The album starts off with Eating Disorder, which has a marching band feel to it, then builds up to heavy beats, guitars, and alternating vocals between The Bunny and The Bear. Ending Stories is Sadie, a ballad with meaningful lyrics, acoustic guitars, and piano. There is not one bad song on this album, and many of the tracks will give you chills from the powerful instruments and amazing vocals. Overall, this may be the best album put out by The Bunny The Bear.

2.7
Drubbi (3)
These Stories are oceans of synths and keyboards. But that doesn't mean it can't be decent....

April 8th 2013

Yeah this band is awful.

Digging: Jason Lancaster - As You Are

slipnslide
April 8th 2013

lmao what genre is this band

Calc

11932 Comments

you should be ashamed of yourself reviewer.

Digging: Kashiwa Daisuke - April. #02

sixdegrees
April 8th 2013

Note: If you want to give a short summary review, use the sound off feature.

It's called post-shitelectroscreamocore.

slipnslide

^thanks

other than needing help figuring out the genre, this was a great review!

pos'd!

TriangularDuck
April 8th 2013

I guess I'll give this album a try ... I liked a few tracks off of If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say..., but The Stomach for It was fucking abysmal.

SatelliteYears
April 9th 2013

"If you are into beats, screams, and/or high clean vocals"

just STAHP reviewing. Please.

Scoot
April 9th 2013

this band is fucking atrocious and anyone who thinks otherwise is a retarded flaming pile of dog shit

Digging: Unjust - Glow

ViralOblivion
April 9th 2013

What......in the actual........fuck is this fucking shit

sspedding
April 9th 2013

'Stories is a very great album'

The first sentence highlights your lack of a basic understanding of the English language. Your reviews are making my eyes bleed.

MrMatt767
April 12th 2013

lol ahahah

Dreakon
April 16th 2013

I really want to enjoy this band a little bit... mostly because they are from Buffalo. I don't have to like music just because it's from my hometown, but I kinda want to lol.

There isn't much good here though. Clean vocals are alright.

Spec
April 27th 2013

Oh wow this is pathetically awful.

wacknizzle
April 27th 2013

I kinda wanna hear how terrible this is, hopefully I'll get a worthwhile laugh outta it.

Digging: PVRIS - Paris

wacknizzle
April 27th 2013

Wait wtf was I thinking that was just god awful.

April 27th 2013

Gay band gay band name gay concept gay album

DaveyBoy

20855 Comments

Another year & another album for polarizing electronicore act The Bunny The Bear. While there is no significant growth or maturity apparent on 4th LP 'Stories', the mask wearing Buffalo group look to refine their established sound by relying more on melody & The Bear's clean vocals. The elimination of any unbearable tracks makes this arguably their best release (even if that's not saying much), but the outfit still fall into the same pitfalls; a real shame since they continue to show flashes of catchy potential. Maybe waiting 2 years in between albums will do the trick. Recommended Tracks: It's Not Always Cold in Buffalo, In Like Flynn & Your Reasons.

May 20th 2013

2.6 as a best release. Striving for excellence apparently.

May 20th 2013

2.6 as a best release. Striving for excellence apparently.