Deez Nuts
Bout It

1.0
awful

by BlackLlama USER (40 Reviews)
April 2nd, 2013 | 17 replies

Release Date: 04/01/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Sup bro, feel out this quick survey to determine the amount of enjoyment you will have listening to... DEEZ NUTS!

Do you enjoy :
Rollin' bluntz?
Sippin' drinks?
LIstening to white people "rap" poorly about the above two activities?
Having all of the above set to below average punk and metal music?

Do you often find your self complaining about the lack of:
Annoying group chanting in your daily listening material?
"Gangsta" references from the late 90's and early 00's?
The fact that Limp Bizkit never went the hardcore route?

If you answered yes to anything above, please stop reading now and purchase this album.

You Tube is a strange and scary place sometimes. Its like taking a walk in the bad part of town, sure you may find some excellent mom and pop restaurant tucked into a remote corner, but more often than not you leave assaulted and wondering why the hell you went there in the first place. A practice I often use for finding new music is starting with a band I like and following the "recommended video" link to see what comes up. I've found some excellent bands doing this and have been exposed to some truly mind altering albums. Tonight was not one of those nights.

Deez Nuts (yes, I actually had to type out Deez Nuts) came to me during You Tube Roulette a few days ago. I was compelled by my lack of self worth to download and listen to at least one album by this band. Hopefully the lessons that I have learned can keep you all from making the same mistake. Hailing from Australia the 4 piece hardcore band plays what can only be described as "bro core". I hate using labels like that, but it is accurate. Imagine if you will that someone put Terror and House of Pain into a blender. Then they extracted most of the talent that either band possesses and hit puree. That will give you an accurate idea of what Deez Nuts (hah!) will do for you. Many hardcore bands play up to the straight-edge (no drinking, no drugs) image of their fans. The opposite is quite true here, most songs are two to three minutes of angry white kids rapping about weed, bitches and beer over poorly written hardcore metal. Toss in copious amounts of group chanting like this :

(Everyone) CAUSE WE DRINK!
Shot after shot after shot after shot
(Everyone) CAUSE WE SMOKE!
Blunt after blunt after blunt after blunt

The soundtrack to this auditory apocalypse is about what you expect from the bands image. Take every boring hardcore stereotype that you can think of and repeat them ad nauseam. Over produce everything, drop the F word every few words and throw in enough bull*** posturing to make the 20 year old kids squeal with glee. I was not able to find any redeeming qualities on this release. And yes, I listened to bands like Biohazard and Limp Bizkit back in the days. This is a horrible, commercial attempt at music and should be avoided by just about every one.