Limp Bizkit
Significant Other

by luisluisluis64 USER (2 Reviews)
March 31st, 2013 | 55 replies | 1,961 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Like it or not, this is one of the most important Nu Metal album of the 90's.

Some hate it, some love it, but one thing we can not hide: Limp Bizkit doesen't go undercover.

Being labeled was one of the pioneer's of Nu Metal (Along KoRn), Limp Bizkit second full lenght album Significant Other just confirmed that Limp Bizkit is one of the most important bands of the 90's.

With a unique sound, and the lead singer's (Fred Durst) habilities of rap and screaming, Limp Bizkit stands out. either on the positive and the negative. But is not only Fred's fault that this had such a sucess. Wes Borland, with a unique playing style, also deserves a recognition, not only for his fantastic riffs seen in "Im Broke" and "Nookie", but also for being the creative force behind the band. Props also for the rest of the lineup: Sam Rivers: Baixist, Jonh Otto: Drummer and DJ Lethal: Turntables.

We begin the record with an important song of the album, Just Like This, that went and become the opening song off the 1999 shows of LB. Mostly a Rap Metal song, Jonh Otto starts the song and Wes Borland in the Chorus shows is habilities. The second song is Nookie. For some people "the Nu Metal Anthem", Fred Durst shows up wis rapping habilities, mixed with an aggressive riff by 'Borland. Then, one of the bests songs of the end of the 90 decade, Break Stuff is an agressive song, with great lyrics and an agressive chorus. Than by the bridge, as Fred Durst says "Give me something to break", the song comes to his high point.

Then the album becames boring, with the single Re-arranged and the hit of the 90's Im Broke. DonĀ“t go off Wondering and Nobody like you is mostly two average songs.
9 Teen 90 Nine is a good song, where Fred Durst rap and singing skills are shown, mixed with the agressive riffs played by Wes Borland. A 90's hit.

Trust and No sex are meanless songs that we could live if they are not in the album, but Limp Bizkit makes it up with one of bests songs in the album, Show me what you got, a thanks letter for all the people that helped LB reach sucess (and all the states Fred Durst went).

We end with a Lesson learned and the 15 minute Outro, the hiding track of the album, where we here some non-sense, and some guy mocking with the album.

Limp Bizkit's Significant other, like it or not, is one of the most important albums of the 90's, and the high point in Limp Bizkit' carreer, proving that the Nu Metal is more alive than ever.

good
  • rebreh (3)
    Limp Bizkit came into 99 with a focused sound and focused target. Durst raps instead of s...

Bulldog (2.5)
    Weak, watered-down metal/Hot-blooded rap...

Spamue1G (2)
    Limp Bizkit's second best album, next to Three Dolla Bill Y'all. Better than their later r...

barosjn (4)

• (4.5)

Gwyn.
March 31st 2013

" Like it or not, this is one of the most important Nu Metal album of the 90's."

That's a good thing because...?

Jacquibim

Let's see:

- Shitty grammar
- No flow
- Stupid points
- Shitty use(or lack thereof) of punctuations
- Non-existing description of the music besides Fred Durst's rap and West Borland's "Unique" playing
style
- 4.5

Yup, shitty review.

Neg'd.

XingKing
March 31st 2013

I've never seen such an aggressive Gwyn before. Way to go, OP.

sixdegrees

I HOPE YOU KNOW I PACK A CHAINSAW

Digging: Tam Tam - Polarize

Iamthe Nightstars
March 31st 2013

Lol the first two comments.

treeqt.
March 31st 2013

Limp Bizkit, Deftones, KoRn, Faith no more, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, jonhhny hates Jazz, Imagination, Queen, Motorhead, Machine Head, Sepultura, Soulfly, System of a Down, The Prodigy, My Bloody Valentine, The Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Papa Roach, Quicksand, Three days Grace, Rage Agains The Machine, Ramp, Juba, Ash is A Robot, The Offspring, Nirvana, Moonspell, The Police, Sting, Phill Collins, Slipknot, Blondia, Ministry, Marillion, Avenged Sevenfold, Alex D'alva Teixeira...,

Digging: Jason Lescalleet - Much to My Demise

wacknizzle

11921 Comments

Sold my cd copy of this today. 15 years too late.

Digging: Fall of Efrafa - Inle

joshieboy12345
March 31st 2013

Whoever bought it off you is an idiot.

NapalmCrusader
March 31st 2013

I lost the copy of this cd like 8 years ago. Pure nostalgia, anyways, this album is poor and this band is a joke. I heard twice nookie days ago and I laughed. I like some nu metal groups but this one is just bad.

ThePac
March 31st 2013

"Like it or not, this is one of the most important Nu Metal album of the 90's."

neg'd

StallionMang
March 31st 2013

Prety crummy review. Although I do agree that this album was very important to the 90's and nu metal in general. That doesn't mean it's any GOOD, though. I mean, it changed the face of nu metal, but not in a good way.

Digging: Crooked Sun - Demo

NapalmCrusader
March 31st 2013

Has some enjoyable songs but nothing more, singles like break stuff and nookie are comicalas fuck

ChopSuey

rating is to high. Should be a 3 at most

YankeeDudel

landmark album

Digging: Ravi Shankar - Three Ragas

EvoHavok
March 31st 2013

Although I can enjoy nu-metal, I've never listened to a whole album from these guys. What I've heard was fun but kinda retarded, and that's about it.

Digging: Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants

renegadestrings

lenght
carreer
here
mocking with the album

if english isn't your first language, this is passable. if it is... god help you

renegadestrings

Double poooooooooooost

DarkSideOfLucca
March 31st 2013

This album is so stupid but I still love it so much. Break Stuff was my "I'm angry grrr" song of the 90s...well that, Mudshovel and Surfacing. Ah, back in my nu-metal days.