Megadeth
Risk

1.0
awful

by briandillon USER (2 Reviews)
March 15th, 2013 | 43 replies | 1,565 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This Album Really Sucks

Look - There is no Reason to say anything about this CD - It sucks really bad
Biggest sellout in a real bad way in the history of Metal

I personally don't think naming the album "Risk" excuses anything. I mean, it's a bad album. If St. Anger was called "It Might Suck" would that be better? Personally, I can't stand Risk, and even if the title explains it's a "Risk", so is every single musical album ever made, this one failed, but I'm supposed to be OK with that because they thought it might?

By the way - this is not a one off bad album for Megastink - 80 Percent of their albums suck - I know Dave is not trying to be a Vocalist - But there are good Non-singers: Lemmy, Geddy Lee, Cronos, Udo and than there are people who spent an entire career actually making money with the most abominable vocals ever laid down. If Dave Mustaine went to a karaoke night and got up to sing - yeah, we would all laugh at how terrible his voKills are, but that is the fun of karaoke - but this guy made an entire career on abominable Vokills and the fans still bought it not realizing it was only the riffs that make Megedeth Good - But Dave gave up the Riffs to try and be a Singer Songwriter when he has no talent at this.

On this CD - Its not just the voKills which suck - everything on this piece of crap sucks - its to be laughed at and mocked

Other Megedeth albums that suck: - Well, Pretty Much everything starting with Youthanasia - this is when Dave
Thought he could be a "Non Great Riffs" Band and started to try and make more commercial sounding albums - if he wanted to do that he should of brought in a real singer, or at least a good non-singer. He still might have failed as he has little talent other than being a great guitarist and coming up with good riffs

Stick to Rust in Peace - Risk is the Bottom of a career of really bad albums

2.3

ButtsweatAndTears
March 15th 2013

As you would put it, This review sucks.......

demigod!

demigod!

no it's really bad

FiveLeavesLeft
March 15th 2013

"Look - There is no Reason to say anything about this CD"

Then what was the point of even reviewing this?

Hoppoman
March 15th 2013

I see random capital letters....

tempest--

INSOMNI-OMNI-OMNI-OMNI-OMNIA

DegausserGuernica24
March 15th 2013

I agree with the rating, I don't agree with the review.

Topaz
March 15th 2013

what the hell is a non-singer

joshieboy12345

Troll review.

Digging: For The Fallen Dreams - Heavy Hearts

SatelliteYears
March 16th 2013

Worst review I've ever read.

Fluttertrank
March 16th 2013

This Review Really Sucks.

Digging: Xanthochroid - Blessed He With Boils

ViperAces

review aint too bad but what the hell is a non-singer[2]

slagun
March 16th 2013

amazing review man, keep it up

briandillon
March 16th 2013

A Real Singer is Someone like: Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, Geoff Tate

A Non Singer (Someone who cant sing - may be enjoyable or not) is:

UDO - Former Accept Non-singer and now fronting his own solo career -
UDO is an amazing non-singer
Lemmy - From Motorhead - Another Great Non-singer
Cronos from Venom - Great
Brian Johnson - ACDC - Love him on Back in Black and For Those about To Rock
but than his terrible voice became apparent - But he is still good at his craft
James Hetfield - He is not a great singer but those first 5 Metallica Albums he sounds real good - its only lately that his worst vocal isms are apparent
He went from a Good Non-singer to a pretty bad non singer - Last Example
Dave Mustaine: Right off the starting gate he was a terrible Non-Singer -
a person who should have never stepped up to the mic - The Guy is a genius Guitar Player and Riff Writer but he is the poster boy for a bad Non-singer
On the Last Three albums he has actually found a way to vocalize which hides the worst aspects of his non-singing voice - unfortunately Megedeth is now trying to be like they were in the earlier days and it sounds forced - it sounds like Generic Megedeth - But the Last three are much better than anything he has done since Countdown, which I consider the last good - "Classic" - Megedeth Album. On Countdown they toned down the Riffery apparent on RIP and went in a more commercial direction but it was still good. But Whatever period of Deth is always plagued by Daves Terrible Non-singer Vokills - Sometimes its not bothersome, most times it is, especially live. Its a shame that he did not either get a Good singer or good Non-singer as he clearly is one of the best riff writers and always has a top notch band - But the Vokills always suck, especially live - So essentially Megedeth are a great Instrumental Band. Its apparent to the entire world that I what I say is true but most people are in denial of this.

One other thing about Vocalists: All Vocalists will decline with age, its just a part of life - For Instance Both Bruce and Halford have declined greatly - Bruce sill sounds great in a Live situation but Halford is really struggling - of course Halford is older than Bruce and 5 to 8 years can make a giant difference -

But for Non-Singers the affect due to age is even worse