The Plot In You
Could You Watch Your Children Burn

by Dakoda Jones USER (8 Reviews)
March 13th, 2013 | 15 replies | 4,135 views

Release Date: 01/15/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Overall: this is a great record. Filled with emotion and, well, crazy music but if you're looking for great musicianship; you probably won't find it here.

Starting off with the very aggressive first track, Premeditated, you'll get a good feel for what you're getting into, or so you'd think but there are some nice surprises to be found here. I can really admire the sound effects used. It has a nice industrial vibe, as if someone filled a bucket full of nails and starting rattling it. And now the guitars are doing something different than the usual chugging. The lead guitars are all over the place and sound pretty spooky, especially in The Devil's Contract and Fiction Religion.

Pushing through the next three tracks, Fiction Religion, Digging Your Grave and Population Control we get more of the heavy side. Digging Your Grave has some quite remarkable moments, like the DJ scrape intro (done on guitar) and the intense fist fight ending. Fast pace verses and flowing chorus's make this one of the better tracks. As for the other two tracks. They have pretty awful chorus's. though Population Control does have this groovy feel and an amazing rap section about half way through, This is a strong point that they shouldn't let go of. the clean vocals really are hit or miss. Tracks such as Troll, Sober and Soulless and Glad You're Gone have such well performed and admirable cleans.

Troll is borderline speed metal, with a huge breakdown toward the end. All supported by a great deal of dynamic mid tone screams. I consider this song to be a transition for the the better tracks. This is how they shouldn't have started it. Following Troll is The Devil's Contract. Such a great track that personally reminds me of Rob Zombie or Marilyn Manson. Verses are heavy and memorable and vocals are eerie and well done with quite a bit of unique lead guitar. Often times you'll hear frontman Landon Tewers whispering and getting angry. Almost like we're in his head.

Two of my favorite tracks Shyann Weeps and Bible Butcher have a powerful southern sound, much like their EP, Wife Beater. I want more songs like this. These two songs are also very similar to The Devil's contract. Drumming on these tracks are actually worth mentioning. Not doing a whole lot but doing a enough different things to catch my attention.

Between Shyann Weeps and Bible Butcher we do get a good softer song. This one sounds like an anthem. very alternative, you could say. It's more of a rock song than metal. Which they executed very well and is a nice break from all the racket.

At last, we reach my favorite song on the album, Glad You're Gone. This was originally a solo song of the vocalist's. this track is flawless. You could almost consider it pop punk. No screams. Very polished clean vocals with a chorus to die for and lead guitar that will be stuck in your head the second you hear it.

Stages and Stereos Small Town FavoritesThe Story So Far What You Don't See
Go Radio Close the DistanceCrown the Empire The Fallout
City Lights In It To Win ItStructures Divided By
good
Jacob Hollows (2)
The Plot In You squanders any potential they previously had, releasing a breakdown fest full of unne...

Devon Benn (3)
Welcome to anger in audio form....

Evreaia
March 13th 2013

not gonna lie, i'm only here to say album sux dix.

This is bad.

March 13th 2013

Hahaha! I know a lot of people hate it. this is just my opinion. I really liked it!

BlackLlama
March 13th 2013

I listened to First Born a few times. Something in the tone really turned me off however. Never really looked back.

Digging: Stigmata - Do Unto Others

March 13th 2013

Could be the baritone guitars used on firstborn. I think les Paul's were used on this one. I really liked everything about firstborn, especially how heavy it is!

Brostep
March 13th 2013

Good review for a fifth, have a pos. Just letting you know, though, the style used here isn't a particularly good one. First of all, saying something like "Overall" in the summary is typically a bad idea - you want to keep it short and punchy, not split into multiple sentences. Also, the review itself talks about each song individually and not the album as a whole at all. Typically, this is a bad idea as well - you want to talk about the album as a whole. Starting the review by diving right into analysis of the opening track is a no-no around here - read some staff/contrib opening paragraphs and album analyses and you'll see what I mean. Good job, though, and I look forward to seeing you write more!

March 13th 2013

Hey, TheBrostepGuy thanks a lot man! I will definitely keep that in mind for the next review. Tried to get some feedback from a thread on here but no one replied so thanks for the tips!

19743 Comments

album sounds pretty damn terrible but decent review

Digging: Spectral Lore - III

Thank you!

lucasjcockcroft

this album is okay
could be a little better
could be much worse

Evreaia
March 13th 2013

if this was worse it would become bvb territory

lucasjcockcroft
March 13th 2013

this isn't bad, just generic

Lakes.
March 13th 2013

The plot in you'd new album just blew my mind out my ear... 0.o sooooo gooooodddddd

Digging: Arthur Russell - World of Echo

Lakes.

WOW I SUCK! You's*

joshieboy12345
March 13th 2013

First Born is so much better than this crap.

AtomicShane
March 13th 2013

I used to think the same, but i listened to this more and it grew on me. I do miss the junz tho

Digging: Hands Like Houses - Reimagine