Luke Bryan
Spring Break... Here to Party

by Alex Beebe USER (126 Reviews)
March 8th, 2013 | 23 replies | 2,444 views

Release Date: 03/05/2013 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Harmless fun.

In case fans weren’t aware of Luke Bryan’s four “Spring Break” EPs released on a yearly basis since 2009, they can now acquire all four of the EPs on one convenient compilation, Spring Break... Here to Party. Even with there being a four year age difference between “Shake the Sand” and the demo of “Take My Drunk Ass Home”, it’s made even more clear by this compilation that Bryan has thematically stayed true and loyal to this spring break concept throughout the years. The track titles themselves really tell listeners exactly what to expect from every song. This is a collection of songs made for fun in the sun, country style. The songs are all arranged in a random and drastically mixed up order from that of the EPs, as opposed to being in chronological listing, but it really makes no difference either way, as there’s really nothing that makes one track distinct from the next. It’s a nonstop joyride of poppy southern party anthems, there’s no pause for any bluesy acoustic moments to be found here, any one of the fourteen tracks to choose from are all tailor-made and precisely labeled for their purpose of providing the theme music to a day at the beach, and a night at the bar. Even though it’s not the most original stuff, every song on Spring Break... Here to Party does exactly what it’s designed to do, which makes for a compilation that has what any college student who has a love for country and is on spring break is looking for in spades.

Les Claypool's Duo de Twang Four Foot ShackPeriphery Clear
Nickelback The Best of Nickelback Volume 1Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Active Child RaporJustin Timberlake The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2
1.7
very poor

March 8th 2013

Still the only guy on the site who reviews country.

Mookid

gross

Mookid
March 8th 2013

man what is this cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuntry we speak of

I ain't hurd ov dat

ITsHxCTOASTER
March 8th 2013

Damn this sounds awful, probably won't check

FourthReich
March 8th 2013

why do you even bother beebe haha. respect though because I love country, but I hate this fucker.

clercqie
March 8th 2013

Haha nice. This guy had a huge hit on some random country channel last year, while me and some mates were road tripping in the States. It became like the official soundtrack of the tour.

YOU PUT YOUR HAAAANDS UP, YOU'RE ROCKING IN MY TRUCK

Digging: Trophy Scars - Holy Vacants

Omaha
March 8th 2013

I really wish you reviewed more stuff that catered to our userbase. It's good to be versatile, but at the same time Sputnik has its niches, and country ain't one of them =[

Of course, you did the best job with this that you possibly could, but I guess I just love when you review things we're all interested in. Most comments here will be "nice review, but i'm never listening to this," and I wish this did more in the grand scheme of things

Digging: Koan Sound - Dynasty

Calc

NO LINK!?!!?! WTF!?!?

tmagistrelli
March 8th 2013

country huh?... not a fan. although it is starting to take over

jonnyreb9
March 8th 2013

talk about catering to the lowest common denominator........this is music for people that get their tastes from corporate radio.....yeech!

ITsHxCTOASTER
March 8th 2013

Country is cool when it doesn't suck dick

iambandersnatch

YOU PUT YOUR HAAAANDS UP, YOU'RE ROCKING IN MY TRUCK

i lol'd

To be fair, sometimes it's nice to like something that's cheesy and be like "fuck it, I don't care, it's fun to me"

KjSwantko
March 8th 2013

I don't even mind Luke Bryan's music, but holy shit can you get anymore cliche and immature? Comes out with an entire album prior to spring break with songs like "Suntan City", "Sorority Girl" and "Love in a College Town".....like godamn this guy is about as faux country as it comes.

KjSwantko

March 8th 2013

I think this is the best really short review that I've written thus far. Happy with how it came out.

atrink
March 8th 2013

I tell myself i'm going to write a short review every time i start a review. But i can't. I wish i could sum things up like this. Nice work.

Releases like this are the reason i hate country so much

Spec

this looks so gay

clercqie
March 8th 2013

It kinda is, but it's pretty fun regarless.

SgtPepper
March 8th 2013

I have that same problem. I need to learn to be more condense with my writing.

Good review, Alex. I don't think I've ever met someone with a taste as diverse as yours.