Ikue Mori
One Hundred Aspects of the Moon

1.5
very poor

by Finbar USER (21 Reviews)
March 4th, 2013 | 67 replies | 1,850 views

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Lunacy.

One Hundred Aspects of the Moon is a series of works by painter Yo***oshi. This album is 40 minutes of random noises.

Yo***oshi is an artist. Ikue Mori is a woman messing around with a computer.

What people will accept as music and take seriously these days. On one hand there are the people in their incense-candle-lit rooms ejaculating over the "avante-garde", "musical prowess" of the sounds of a screeching monkey and a person who has fallen asleep with their head on a keyboard. On the other, there are the horny, pubescent teenagers ejaculating (literally) over a man having a violent spasm on a drum kit and another throttling a pig in front of a microphone, AKA doom-death-grind-jazz-whatever-core.

This foul entity begins with The Moon And the Abandoned Old Woman, an eerie 2 minutes and 42 seconds of a droning bass, what appears to be a couple having a conversation while they try to open a jar, with some strange sound effects thrown in for good measure. This would be passable as the introduction to an album of music but it only gets worse from here. What ensues is a collection of musical instruments being abused in unspeakable ways and what a child would produce if left alone with a synthesizer for half an hour.
The only track that sounds as if it could be music is Received Back Into Moon Palace which begins nicely with a violin playing a slightly-too-high pitched melody but inevitably, Mori comes in halfway through like a toddler that has just discovered a piano for the first time, stabbing keys in no particular order until a man walks into the wrong gig and starts singing lyrics which I do not care to decipher.

This "album" of "music" was "reviewed" as part of curseworship's Review A Random Album Game Part Iv. Damn you, curse.

Santeria Year of the KnifeTumbleweed Dealer Western Horror
Amplifier The Astronaut Dismantles HALMessenger Illusory Blues
Mars Red Sky Stranded in ArcadiaGazpacho Missa Atropos
2.8
good

Et voilĂ .

Digging: Dwellers - Pagan Fruit

March 4th 2013

Haha it censors Yoshitoshi.

YankeeDudel
March 4th 2013

sounds pretty cool you just suck

Digging: DJ Spooky - Songs Of A Dead Dreamer

JasonCarne
March 4th 2013

Reminds me of more restrained Angizia without the ludicrous vocals, neither are really a good thing. Music like this is just weird for the sake of being weird I think.

I second this ^^

March 4th 2013

it's my game ya dingus, i just let curseworship handle this round

March 4th 2013

oh also bad review. won't neg though cause i don't believe in negging

March 4th 2013

Please, tell me the faults of my review.

March 4th 2013

well it sounds like you listened to it once or twice without really meditating on it and decided that since you didn't get it you're gonna call them names write a negative review on sputnik to take out your anger

YankeeDudel

review is awful yeah

Cygnatti

agreed

gotta neg

Digging: The Avalanches - Since I Left You

March 4th 2013

Well yeah, that is about right actually. Though half of the reason for its awefulness is how, despite my request to be given something else to review since I wasn't experienced in this kinda music and "didn't get it", darn WashboardSuds told me to write what I did get from it. And here you have it, though it was more cynicism than anger. xD

March 4th 2013

you signed up for the game. you knew that you might have been handed something you're not familiar with. this review looks like you didn't even try

March 4th 2013

I stated my opinion and backed it up with several points, using correct standard English.

Damn, don't take this so seriously.

toxin.

12021 Comments

tbh your opinion is fine, I'm sure I'd have written something similar were I assigned this
it's the way you presented your opinion that makes this a bad review.

altforazninva5in

Gonna have to neg

Overall it seems too rant-like and rushed

Curse.
March 4th 2013

this is a not good review

atrink
March 4th 2013

OH NO! YOU'RE REVIEW GAME IS FALLING APART!

GnarlyShillelagh

Lunacy LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY

Digging: Your Old Droog - Your Old Droog

WashboardSuds
March 4th 2013

I'm pretty sure you're taking subtle blows at me in the first paragraph but, oh well

I was hoping this album would get a deeper analysis since I myself wanted to hear an alternate perspective on the album but, instead it gets a pretty unfairly harsh critique turning people off to the album, shame considering this album is not nearly as bad as you claim.

also you can darn me all you want, I was trying to help you out when I said write what could get from the review since you said you were struggling.

Digging: Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops