Luther
Let's Get You Somewhere Else

by bungy USER (11 Reviews)
February 8th, 2013 | 14 replies | 990 views

Review Summary: i'm a poet, and i didn't even know that i was one

I've heard it said that a man cannot exceed the bounds of his capacity to eat milk. But that man was KARAZY. Nonetheless, I've taken the liberty to apply this bromide to the latest album released by a band called Luther, and post my findings on a music website. I'm hoping to get like 70 views before it gets bumped off the front page by a new user who posts all his A Perfect Circle and Coheed and Cambria reviews at once (I swear that happens to me every damn time). I chose Let's Get You Somewhere Else because it's been overlooked by not just the contemptible user base but by everyone in the world which is a tragedy considering everyone in the world would enjoy this record. Fo' realz, take out a loan, re-record "The Concrete Sound", "Heavy Money", "The Glory Bees", "Rattlesnake" and "A Quiet Stretch of Weather" to make them sound gayer, as those songs have good enough hooks to make for singles and bribe a popular radio station in Los Angeles and one in New York City, so I can listen to more Luther and less will.i.am.. Seriously, will.i.am. sucks. How can you write a song called "Scream & Shout" presumably with the goal of creating a teenage anthem with a fun chorus to sing along to and then record it in the most boring and monotone voice, the lack of substance is plaguing and cancerous to the goodwill of men, the first time I heard I tried to donate money to Apple. The following statement may unfortunately scare people away as prevalent as being a tool/douche bag is these days, but even dumb girls will like it. This stuff needs to be promulgated around and then allowed to percolate (I have an affinity for alliteration) to the souls of more human beings. It follows aesthetically in the same spirit as On The Impossible Past (both Philly bands) but a little less flat and a little more charming. Let's Get You Somewhere Else focuses on the excellent songwriting of whoever wrote the songs, comprising mid-tempo punk rock with excellent hooks. It belongs to the same niche I associate with bands like The Menzingers, The Downtown Struts, Elway, Captain, We're Sinking and older The Lawrence Arms, Alkaline Trio and The Gaslight Anthem and if you know any more please leave a recommendation for me in the comments. I quite like the singer's voice but think it would be perfect if he smoked a couple more cigars per week, it would make the already immediate lyrics of surviving life a little more endearing. whatevs. The singer's name is Phil Warner. Figured it out.

So how much milk can Luther eat? You can't eat milk. But you can eat cereal with milk in it and I know as well as anyone that there is less milk after you eat the cereal than what you started with and you didn't drink anything. So, I think Luther can eat a lot of milk, we'll see if they can hit their capacity in the next few years.