Lagwagon
Let's Talk About Feelings

by fund it USER (7 Reviews)
March 1st, 2006 | 33 replies | 13,333 views

Release Date: 1998 | Tracklist

After releasing "Double Plaidinum" in 1997, SoCal punk heroes Lagwagon were inspired and damn-well determined to put out a gem of a punk-rock record. 1998 gave new light to the Lagwagon scene. They dropped their guitarist of two years Ken Stringfellow and recruited RKL alum Chris Rest. Now (with two guitarists named chris), Lagwagon eagerly entered the studio to record what was to be their shortest, but nevertheless, greatest album ever to be graced with the beautiful Lagwagon logo.

With the album cover graced with the mug of a pubecnet homey teenaged girl sporting glasses, braces, two hair-ties in her brilliantly curled red stringy hair, and the classic church-plaid top, this CD gives you the image of being a great joke. On the contrary, notice what that particular girl is suggesting. Yes...let's. I'm not rating the individual songs, cause theyre all seriously 6/5.

This CD doesn't screw around. "After You, My Friend", the fantastic/frantic opener, gives you the best first impression of a record I've ever heard. Passionate words, brilliant musicianship, and catchy...elevator music. Absolutely perfect. I guarentee you won't wanna hear this song alone, there's 11 more opuses on this CD.
"Gun In Your Hand" compliments track 1 like peas and carrots. I'm addicted to the drumming on this CD, for good reason. Dave busts out a wonderfully creative fill to start out this song. This song is the most powerful lyrically.
"Leave The Light On" is classic. I think this particular song inspired me to pick up some drum sticks of my own. Thanks Dave. You'll definitly appreciate the quickness of the emotion throughout this song and the next. My favorite part about this CD, by far, is the random movie clips you hear (See bottom for a guide to most of the clips and what movie they're from). There's two in this song, and I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of the second one. "Change Despair" compliments track 3 alot as well. I love the pattern that this CD is forming.
In "Train", you won't hear the constant snare hits on the upbeats, but rather the elegent charging of a train throughout the song. Train stands out alot for its more eloquent and honest sound.
"Hurry Up and Wait" is 36 seconds of pure adreneline. Lagwagon is late again. This happens often, and yet Joey doesn't know why. I think he does, they lag.
"Everything Turns Grey" is a song by the 80's punk band Agent Orange, and Lagwagon puts their own emotional spin on it. The riff is unforgettable.
Awwww, "Love Story" is the love song on the CD, and it orchestrates beautifully. This song and "Messangers" intertwine greatly. Both have strong lyrics and a catchy melody that'll get ya singin'.
Let's slow it down a bit. "The Kids Are All Wrong" is an acoustic performance, clocking in at only 1:06. A short ditty that has great emotion, nothing short of what you'd expect from a Lagwagon CD.
Heeeeeey, remember this song? Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2....? It's "May 16th", and it's the song that most people know from the band. It's not the best on the CD, don't get confused. Every song on this CD is amazing, and nothing is better or worse than the track next to it.
"Owen Meaney" is a heartbreaking outro to the fantastic ride you've taken while listening to this musical gem. This song is uplifting and amazingly powerful. Kicks your arse so that you leave with the right impression: Lagwagon is king.

This CD is 25 and a half minutes of pure musical greatness. It's my all-time favorite CD. Go pick it up, you'll be hooked.
Standout Tracks: ALL OF THEM

Movie Clips:
Gun In Your Hand: "Swimming With Sharks" (Frank Whaley & Kevin Spacey, 1994)
Leave The Light On: "Jacob's Ladder" (Tim Robbins, 1990)
Leave The Light On ("Hey steve..."): "Welcome To The Dollhouse"
Hurry Up and Wait: unknown...if you know, leave a comment.

Perfect CD and then some. 5/5

The Minor Times Summer Of WolvesOh Constantine Into The Beginning
Hey Mercedes Loses ControlThe Swellers Ups and Downsizing
The Juliana Theory LoveLagwagon Blaze

March 1st 2006

Double Plaidinum isn't mediocre but I love this album so much dear jesus.

labonza01
March 1st 2006

good review, i think i'll most definitely check this out, sounds like its up my alley.

Pete
March 2nd 2006

I'm one of the few people who thinks "Double Plaidinum" is better than "Let's Talk about Feelings". I think LTABF is one of the weakest Wagon albums (which still makes it a friggin' awesome album).

March 2nd 2006

I think both are the two storngest.

STFDood84
March 2nd 2006

Yeah, Double Plaidinum owns this, but LTAFeelings is a gem through and through. The chord voicings, rhythms, and melodies are brilliant, and it's like 25 minutes long, which is almost DRI short, but sooooooooo fekking good... Joey Cape is simply one of the best vocalists in punk today and he shows it off a bit more here too. Amazing musicianship as always, and believe me they pull it all off live without a hitch. I have to say I got a serious weak spot for Blaze's guitar work though \^^//, but this is an easy 4.5, just b/c it craps all over other so-called "peers" in the genre in half the time...

SyphonAss
March 2nd 2006

this is the best cd they ever made. i wished i hadn't lost it

Mike Rakhabit
March 23rd 2006

My favourite Lagwagon album. May 16th and Everything Turns Grey are awesome songs.

Pete
May 28th 2006

:eek: Everything Turns Grey isn't even a Lagwagon song.

Zesty Mordant
June 12th 2006

I think I need some Lagwagon. I'll look into this.

RandyfromPennywise
July 18th 2006

[QUOTE=FatPete]I hate when people think that the covers a band plays are their best songs. Insulting.[/QUOTE]To the band or the comment-maker or to people who know it's not a cover?

irtehmitchell
July 20th 2006

this is up there with duh in my opinion

albert_bass
November 18th 2007

This album is a pop-punk classic. The only close to perfect song is Love Story, all the others are, well, perfect.

cleary21
May 27th 2009

Tony Hawk 2 was a bit before my time, I picked things up at 4, but May 16th is a sick song.

owl316
January 2nd 2010

Defintley their best album. It's so fucking good! And May 16 is actually the weakest song on the album too.

VTK
March 4th 2010

tony hawk pro skater UP THIS

londoncalling457
April 12th 2010

i need to get the whole album. may 16 always hits the spot.

Too good.

Mordecai.
May 4th 2010

yeah great album. i think i like blaze more though

Oceanus