Dublin Death Patrol
Death Sentence

by KJ USER (32 Reviews)
January 8th, 2013 | 12 replies | 711 views

Review Summary: Yawn.

I don’t know what it is with heavy metal titans wanting to create tasteless humdrum after they’ve accomplished something worthwhile in the music industry. This laziness seems to be rampant; of course we've got the classic example of Hellyeah. Mike Portnoy was also quoted as saying he sought to create a straight-forward metal record of the same variety as Hellyeah, thus he eventually accepted an offer to drum for the current lackluster version of Avenged Sevenfold. And here in Dublin Death Patrol, we’ve got longtime Testament vocalist Chuck Billy and Steve “Zetro” Souza (Tenet, ex-Exodus) combining voices to lead an effort that is vanilla at best (i.e. bland).

Alongside the frontmen are Chuck Billy’s brother Andy Billy and Zetro Souza’s brother John Souza which leads me to believe this project was purely meant for fun and male-bonding time. That however does not excuse the fact that this eight piece concoction was entirely unable to create a single relevant song worth listening to. Death Sentence is a prime example in “more isn’t always more.”

The group identifies as thrash but they are more along the lines of hard rock with a sprinkling of thrash on top. The riffs follow basic metal progressions we’ve all heard a million times and then some. To be fair, Death Sentence isn’t bad, per se, but it exemplifies what it means to be average and forgettable. I suspect a mall metal-er may find this release engaging, but to the veterans of metal trvth, this is little more than a waste of time that would’ve been better spent listening elsewhere.

Y&T ContagiousSoilwork The Living Infinite
Bullet for My Valentine Temper TemperFlaw Through the Eyes
Clint Black Killin' TimeNevermore Utopia (Demo)
3.1
good
Drew Tyler (3.5)
Thrash with an old school feel and aggressive sound performed by veterans, this has all the makings ...

Sup

Sup

JamieTwort

19905 Comments

Nice review KJ, short and sweet.

Don't think I'll bother checking this out.

January 8th 2013

Every time I mention shitty bands in one of my reviews I offend their fans and get neg'd lol.

TheNotrap
January 8th 2013

Don't think I'll bother checking this out [2].
Have a pos Kj.

Digging: Fallujah - The Flesh Prevails

JamieTwort

19905 Comments

Review certainly doesn't deserve a neg.

One minor thing I noticed though:

That however does not excuse the fact that this eight piece concoction was entirely unable create a single relevant song worth listening to.

Think there shoud be the word 'to' between 'unable' and 'create'.

Good catch, Jamie.

ButtsweatAndTears
January 8th 2013

Thought they were an Irish band. There's a place in America called Dublin. Now I'm disappointed.

BlackLlama

Hmmm, I actually rather enjoyed this one :D

Digging: Cinderella - Heartbreak Station

January 8th 2013

It had my foot tapping along most of the record but the riffs and melodies were so generic that it just pissed me off and made me hate it.

lookz queef but pos