Review Summary: "Dead Letters" was the album that made them popular worldwide, no doubt. I won't choose to write the whole history of The Rasmus before this album. If you're interested, you can read it somewhere else. So, let's get to the subject. Personally, I became ob
Let's talk about every song on the album, then I'll make the final review of the album
1. First Day of my Life
- a very catchy song, a few powerchords with a very good melody on them make this song one of my favourites. A solo would have been welcome, but, even without a solo, it's still an epic song.
2. In The Shadows
- obviously the catchiest song of the album. The intro contains the element that made them so popular. After that intro, you are expecting exceptional melodies within the verses and the chorus. Unfortunately, the melody didn't surprinse me more. Despite this, the chorus brings a huge energy to the song.
3. Still Standing
- another catchy, pop element, in the chorus. The guitar effect that was used gets on very well with the other elements. Simple, but deep lyrics. They could work more on the instrumental of the verse, instead of the bass playing a few notes. The vocals in the bridge can be considered as a performance. Overall, a wonderful song, one of my favourites.
4. In My Life
- nice try to express surprise in the intro, but they failed. The intro is boring, just like the chorus. What saves the song from total failure is the melody from the verse. Not a good song.
5. Time To Burn
- the guitar riff is a masterpiece of simplithy. I haven't got anything to say. Wonderful song. My favourite on the album.
- pretty good song, can be very catchy, it can cause dependency. I love the guitar parts, but I feel that it is an incomplete song. It is something that misses.
7. Not Like The Other Girls
- wonderful ballad, slow and expressive intro, great lyrics. What came as a surprise is the solo. We already know that solos are a rare element in The Rasmus music. Well, Pauli did a great job. On the other hand, the song can be quite boring.
8. The One I Love
- the effect of this song is opposite to "In The Shadows" one. Boring intro, very catchy verse. I like the lyrics, not a big surprise but they are good. The chorus is boring.
9. Back In The Picture
- I like everything about this song. The very energical intro, wonderful vocals and melody, good chorus, good bridge, everything. Definetely one of my favourites on the album.
10. Funeral Song
- very deep song, but not so good overall. It sounds like he is forced to sing. The melody is even worse. Fail at the instrumental part.
Overall, I like this album very much, I have been listening to it with intensity for 6 months and it will surely be an important part of my playlist in the future.