Mr. Scarface Is Back

by thecreative0ne USER (50 Reviews)
December 9th, 2012 | 4 replies

Release Date: 1991 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Scarface went solo, and made this fantastic album.

Critical Responses:
Allmusic: 4.5/5
Entertainment Weekly: B+
Rapreviews: 8/10
The Source: 4 Mics

Scarface, a member of the Geto Boys, went solo, and made this. This doesn't sound like what he made with the Geto Boys, so if that's what you're expecting with this, then you're expecting the wrong thing. The other 2 Geto Boys went on to pursue solo careers as well, but they didn't do very well, Scarface on the other hand, did do very well. As a matter of fact, this album has no guest appearances whatsoever, but yet, it still got critically acclaimed.When you listen to a Geto Boys album, you will hear cartoonish, and humorous violence. With this album, you will find violence, but more detailed, serious, and realistic violence, as opposed to humorous violence. Now for the track by track review.

1. Mr. Scarface: Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Late Model Sedan" by Masta Ace Incorperated, and other songs. 5/5

2. The Pimp: This song, has Scarface rhyming about how he is a pimp. Great song. 4/5

3. Born Killer: This song, has Scarface rhyming about how he is a killer. Classic song. 5/5

4. Murder By Reason of Insanity: Classic song. 5/5

5. Your Ass Got Took: Classic song. 4/5

6. Diary of a Madman: Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Slaughtahouse" by Masta Ace Incorperated, "Representin 93" by 2Pac, and other songs. 5/5

7. Body Snatchers: Classic song. 4/5

8. Money and the Power: Classic song. 5/5

9. P D Roll Em: Classic song. 5/5

10. Good Girl Gone Bad: Classic song. 5/5

11. A Minute to Pray and a Second to Die: Classic song. 5/5

12. I'm Dead: Great way to end the album. Classic song. 5/5

Overall, I give this 4.5/5, 9/10, 90/100, and "A-".

3 Best Songs:

2. Your Ass Got Took
3. Body Snatchers

Nas I Am...Boogie Down Productions Sex And Violence
Rakim The Seventh SealKRS-One I Got Next
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo Wanted: Dead Or AliveKool G Rap and DJ Polo Road to the Riches