Geto Boys
We Can't Be Stopped

by thecreative0ne USER (50 Reviews)
December 8th, 2012 | 19 replies | 3,053 views

Release Date: 1991 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The Geto Boys "Can't Stop" being consistent.

Critical Reception:
Allmusic: 4/5
Entertainment Weekly: B
Rapreviews: 9/10
Rolling Stone: 4/5

The Geto Boys came out with this 1 year after their self-titled album came out, and this was their best effort that they ever did. Apparently though, this only took 2 weeks to record, who would figure that a masterpiece like this would only take 2 weeks to make? No one. Now for the track by track review.

1. Rebel Rap Family: Intro.

2. We Can't Be Stopped: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about how they can't be stopped. Classic song. 5/5

3. Homie Don't Play That: Classic song. 5/5

4. Another Nigga In the Morgue: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about, how people get killed too much. Classic song. 5/5

5. Chuckie: This song has the Geto Boys, rhyming about how Buschwick Bill is similar to Chucky the doll, because he is small, and murderous. Classic Song. 5/5

6. Mind Playin Tricks On Me: This song, is one of the best hip hop songs of all time. This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about paranoia, and about their drug use. Classic song. This song has been sampled in, "Breaker 1/9" by Common, "I Feel Like I'm the One That's Doin Dope" by UGK, "One More Chance" by Notorious B.I.G, "She Lives In My Lap" by Outkast, and plenty of other songs. 5/5

7. I'm Not a Gentleman: This is that one song that's on every Geto Boys album, that has them talking about their treatment of women (which isn't positive). Classic song. 5/5

8. Gota Let Your Nuts Hang: Classic song. This song has been sampled in the song, "Point the Finga" by 2Pac. 5/5

9. *** a War: This song has Geto Boys rhyming about George Bush. Classic song. 5/5

10. Ain't With Being Broke: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about, how they don't want to be broke. Classic song. 5/5

11. Quickie: Classic song. 5/5

12. Punk-Bitch Game: This song has the Geto Boys rhyming about people that they consider to be punks. Classic song. 5/5

13. The Other Level: Classic song. 5/5

14. Trophy: Classic song, and a great way to end the album. 5/5

Overall, I give this 5/5.

3 Best Songs:

2. Quickie
3. I'm Not a Gentleman

Nas I Am...Boogie Down Productions Sex And Violence
Rakim The Seventh SealKRS-One I Got Next
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo Wanted: Dead Or AliveKool G Rap and DJ Polo Road to the Riches
4.2

liledman
December 8th 2012

If you are going to give an album a perfect score, especially an album that is particularly ignored on Sputnik, at least put a little more effort into the review. The track by track format, as well as quoting scores from other sources, is just plain tacky.

demigod!
December 8th 2012

oh god. this guy again? Did you not read any of the comments on your last review?

Digging: Failure - Magnified

Ethics
December 8th 2012

i sit alone in my four cornered room staring at candles

dudebro
December 8th 2012

"Now for the track by track review"

because a review like this needs a proper introduction

Greyvy
December 8th 2012

fucking awesome review man, pos'd hard

ThePac

ban this fucker already

thecreative0ne
December 23rd 2012

@demigod93: I did.

Titan
March 12th 2013

it wasn't even close to Halloween

Gwyn.
December 3rd 2013

My mind is playing tricks on me

Digging: diSEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence into the Peripheral

February 7th 2014

wonder if Sputnik hip hop authority Lambshead will determine if this is noob hip hop.

spookynewghostfriend
February 7th 2014

at least lambsbread doesnt chase users around the site like jeez dude keep it in one thread and actually make a point =\

who are you again?

spookynewghostfriend
February 7th 2014

an internet commenter just like yourself =]

February 7th 2014

fair enough. not chasing Lambshead around, I mean the guy is obviously the God of Hip Hop and I'm just a noob who happened to fall into about 5000 hip hop songs on my ipod.

February 7th 2014

LB has an opinion, he's vocal about it, but you shouldn't be pissed off when he says whatever he says. Also, I JUST recommended LB to Scarface so your comment timing is perfect

Digging: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony Is a Dead Scene

February 7th 2014

No I seriously want to be educated on all of these albums.

March 22nd 2014

oh GOD this summary is PAINFUL!

March 22nd 2014

"fucking awesome review man, pos'd hard"
pffff, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oltnabrick
June 1st 2014

the beat on Mind Playing Tricks on Me is perfect

Digging: M-O-R-S-E - Empty (Extended)