Aim For The Sunrise
No Kings, No Chains

by Flut USER (17 Reviews)
December 3rd, 2012 | 25 replies | 1,599 views

Aim For The Sunrise improve the overall song writing, and try to add some different things to their sound. But not enough to make this necessarily better than their EP. But the addition of ambient piano/keyboard that makes its way under the mix here and there, the adequate improvement with musicianship and vocals work greatly.

The guitar tone is a lot sonically bigger, more crunch and a lot thicker. Though it can almost sound a bit djenty. But its not overproduced enough for that. The guitar still still does the same it did on the EP, melodic melodeath riffs with melodic chord section. But this time around the heavy as gotten more groove, and less chuggy. Making transitions between parts of the songs a lot more smoother. In "Golden" it starts off with slower melodic leads, going into a more straight forward riff with the harsh and clean going back and forth for a little. It has a great clean sung chorus that is pretty passionate, and is one of the more better written songs. But for some of the songs that come at the end the heavier parts get samey and can be boring. The song writing still needs to improve, or maybe if they tried more different things to keep it fresh it could have worked more.

The addition of ambient piano/keyboards are pretty solid. Sometimes they follow the leads when the guitar plays octaves or in a chorus soaring a long with the cleans or a few random fills here and there. They don't at all annoy or take away from the experience.

The vocalist this time around are a lot more defined. The harsh vocals are more natural sounding, less forced. Sure its not as raw as the EP but its easier to listen too. The clean vocals also found room to improve, and they don't always find them selves on every chorus. Sometimes the cleans are mixed with chanting vocals underneath the mix, and sounds good. Making them a lot less boring and better when they actually appear. The production surpasses the EP. The mix is a lot more cleans with everything being layered a lot better. The guitars and drums go right together perfectly with a loud enough bass/low end to complete and give it a heavier tone.

So for the most part Aim For The Sunrise has improved greatly, but not enough to do exceed their EP or most of the other bands in the genre. But this is still a great listen, its passionate and ambitious.

HammerFall Glory to the BraveMisery Signals Mirrors
Misery Signals Of Malice and the Magnum HeartMisery Signals Misery Signals
Aim For The Sunrise The Bigger Picture; HopeAblaze My Sorrow Anger Hate and Fury
good

The Bigger Picture; Hope

December 3rd 2012

So yeah, a review. hope its ok.

December 3rd 2012

"I'd suggest singling out some specific songs to highlight as examples"

yeah i might do so for 2 of them.

and idk im not that picky so idk what you would think of it. here are 2 of my favorite songs on the album, check em out if you want to.

also thanks man.

December 3rd 2012

Good review, Flutter. It's a little short, but you give a good overview of what this album is about and what it sounds. So have a
POS!

Also I think you should combine those last 3 paragraphs because it looks kind of sloppy to have them spread out like that (this
is just my opinion of course.)

Anyway, good work man.

Digging: Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty

December 3rd 2012

hmm... ok and thanks man.

December 3rd 2012

It's just my advice, but it also works the way you have it. Anyway, good review, man. It's nice to see you continuing to write.

December 3rd 2012

yeah i mixed 2 of the paragraphs instead all of them idk it works. i suppose haha.

"good review, man. It's nice to see you continuing to write."

yeah? well hey thanks man, i appreciate it.

December 3rd 2012

No worries. We don't really talk much but I've always liked you as a user.

December 3rd 2012

yeah we haven't, but i like you to. Youre pretty chill it seems.

December 3rd 2012

I try to be, and thanks. I'll see you around, mate.

yeah man, see ya.

FrozenVain

this is decent...
good review pos

thanks frozen.

TheMoreira

Good review mate. Pos'd

I suggest you re-read it closely though, there are some grammatical errors here and there. Im sure you'll figure

Digging: Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All

thanks man and will do.

FrozenVain

Funeralopolis

dem sentence fragments

Digging: Banks - Goddess

TheMoreira
December 3rd 2012

"It's cool that some people (like yourself) write reviews for less well known bands so that they get some attention. Kodus for that and I hope that you will make more similar reviews."

Agreed, cheers to that

J0ckstrapsFTW
December 3rd 2012

I really liked their other album you reviewed Flutter. How does this one compare cuz the rating is the
same for both

AfterTheBreakdown
December 3rd 2012

hate the cleans on this.