June
If you speak any faster

by altrockdude USER (3 Reviews)
February 19th, 2006 | 8 replies

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU ENJOY TAKING BACK SUNDAY CLONES!!!
Basically this is a less mature Taking Back Sunday that is just nowhere near as good as them. June hails from Chicago, Illinois like FOB and some other bands. The band's debut If you speak any faster is just plain average in my opinion.

June is:
Tim Brennan: Vocals, Guitar
Mark Palacz: Guitar
AJ Brown: Bass, Backing Vocals
Mark Sutor: Drums

Okay, their sound is nowhere close to original but is still somewhat good.
Their approach to making good music revolves around vocals that are about relationships (just like TBS), simple riffs, and simple basslines. The drums aren't anything special either. The background vocals by AJ make him sound like Tyson of the AA rejects (sort of.) The lead vocals consist of a short range. There are no attempts to reach high notes which at least some vocalists have the guts to try like Pat Stump of FOB.

There are some songs that are pretty good that don't sound like everything else on the album. "Patrick" is the first single off the album and is my favorite track off the Cd. But this is only because it is the second track on the album and I had already had time to listen to it on On Demand a few times. It is somewhat like other songs on the album. "The City" is another fairly different track because of its eerie intro and somewhat differentness (is that a word???). "Invitations" holds my favorite line on the album with "when did you become so good at making me feel like I'm wrong?." The closing track " I've Got the Time If You Have The Argument" is has some mediocre riffs and more vocals about relationships gone wrong. The one acoustic track on the album is "My Side of The Story". This song annoys the CRAP out of me only because of the cheap baseball game organ in the background.

The songs I didn't mention just all sound the same. So there are some good songs that may appeal to you on this album and most are just the same as the others.

Pros
+good for likers of clone bands
+some good songs

Cons
-not original
-TBS clone

Recommended Tracks:
Patrick
The City
Scandals and Scoundrels (not mentioned above)

Buy it if it appeals to you. It probably won't.

2.8
good
Bchop13 (3)

Two-Headed Boy
February 19th 2006

This review does have some interesting points, but it doesn't hold up. And a picture would help.

altrockdude
February 19th 2006

I'm a 7th grader punchmywalk. I'm only one year older than what you said I was.Thanx anyways though.This Message Edited On 02.19.06

Bchop13
February 19th 2006

This is acatully not to bad
Favorite Tracks:
Speak Up
Patrick
My Side Of The Story

They also have a cool unreleased song called Joannes Story

Storm In A Teacup
February 19th 2006

I saw this band live yesterday. They were okay, but really didn't hold my attention, same thing with just about everyone else at the concert.

(>dragon~guitarist<)
February 20th 2006

I only liked the song Patrick and Ok corral, other than that a mediocre band. Doesn't have anything on TBS though.

byrkee
June 26th 2007

lol isnt there new album been out for a while.

Inveigh
November 4th 2009

Hah, I used to know these guys (even played a show with them waaaay back in the day). I also banged Tim's girlfriend. Band sucks.