Cannibal Corpse
Worm Infested

good

by ZGP1992 USER (17 Reviews)
November 9th, 2012 | 17 replies | 3,123 views

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A small but solid collection of odds/ends from your friendly neighborhood corpsegrinders.

Following the release of 2002's Gore Obsessed LP, Cannibal Corpse compiled an EP's worth of covers and outtakes and released them to the public in 2003 under the title of "Worm Infested". the contents were recorded between 1996-2001 in various locations. Each of the older songs were remastered for consistant audio-quality on the EP.

The first track, "Systematic Elimination", is a decent one. No significance, really, just typical CC brutality. The tempo is brisk and unchanging, the riffage and soloing is forgettable. The lyrics speak of mass murder and describe the pleasure of killing in numbers. Recorded during the Gore Obsessed Sessions in 2001.
Second up to bat is the title track, which is the standout of the collection. With shifting tempos and neck-climbing riffs, the music is memorable (despite a half-assed solo that sounds like an amauter kerry king impression). The lyrics are disgusting, going into detail about grave-robbing a 13-year-old corpse, ***ing it and eating it. This too, is an outtake from Gore Obsessed, but it really shouldve made it to the album.
The third song is a cover of Accept's "Demons Night", made over in CC style. I actually prefer it to the original. Recorded during the Gallery Of Suicide sessions.
Following this is a re-recording of "The Undead Will Feast" off of Eaten Back To Life. The song is much more polished and, well... better version of the original which was sung by Chris Barnes. Recorded during the Vile sessions.
The next two tracks are covers. One good ("Confessions" by Possessed, from the Bloodthirst sessions) and the other so-so ("No Remorse" by Metallica, from the Gore Obsessed sessions).

Overall, the EP is a nice yet unessential addition to your Cannibal Corpse collection. I reccomend it for the title track, as well as the re-recording of "The Undead Will Feast" and the Possessed cover. But if youre just a casual fan, it wouldnt hurt to skip over this one.

Blizzi Boi American Badass 2Blizzi Boi Paper Flowers
Drive-by Truckers A Blessing and a CurseGreen On Red Here Come the Snakes
Shakey Graves Roll The BonesGG Allin No Rules
3.3

KingHarkinian

3? To low. This is at least a
Good review otherwise. I hope you fall and hurt your knee.

demigod!

demigod!

and because its cannibal corpse, tho a 3 is a bit high

KingHarkinian
November 9th 2012

Torture is seriously amazing though

Insurrection

20788 Comments

album art gives me a chub

Digging: Interpol - El Pintor

Its not bad either

This is great

Digging: Interpol - El Pintor

BlackLlama
November 11th 2012

Fuck the haters. Love the no Remorse cover.

Digging: Stigmata - Do Unto Others

November 11th 2012

I'm a Cannibal Corpse fan and haven't heard this...I remember in middle school I kept trying to buy this but I had problems getting it in my town because I was so young lol then by high school I was busy getting into other metal, I think it's time to finally hear this and make my middle school self proud

November 11th 2012

Go for it, its a solid ep

November 11th 2012

Yeah, holy shit just finished Systematic Elimination...off to a great start!

November 11th 2012

tell me what u think of the title track. Thats one of my favorite cc songs

November 11th 2012

The title track is fucking awesome.

Oh man, so glad I'm finally hearing this...I'm pretty sure I was around 12 or 13 when I tried getting this (when this first came out), didn't know at the time it would take me a decade to get around to it aha.

But yeah, this is fucking awesome. As of now agreed, title track is the best on the EP

666Micrograms