Converge
All We Love We Leave Behind

by controlled USER (10 Reviews)
November 5th, 2012 | 14 replies | 1,371 views

Review Summary: An emotional step forward

As a declaration I pronounce the accessible the most rewarding. The most gratifying experience life offers. The end to every beginning. I hyperbole the world and then some. I say this, with the utmost confidence because every advancement began somewhere with an accesory. I am vague intentionally, because, access to the beyond must be. Yes, argue against my point, and then it is validated further. Incoming... Converge. For a second, I truly wish everyone would shut up about Jane Doe. An ambitious album racked with, I don't know, ambition? ("Let's try shit you guys"). It just stood out. It still does and yet it means/does absolutely nothing for every review claiming its holy powers. But then there was Axe To Fall, an intentional game changer. An accessory to the crime.

There have been good hardcore albums, sure, and there have been albums that were HARDcore. Albums that were necessary. Music that needed to occur so that people would recognize music was dead. So dead, it needed lungs. Converge were/are a pulse. Niot vital, but a reason to believe theres something worth sustaining a beat. All We Love transcends what we thought moved music. It establishes heart. That moon cycle on the cover is a transitioning of beliefs for how everyone understands... Everything.

For a second sit and listen to "Trespasses", a song that obliterates senses. And then truly comprehend sense. Further beyond lies "Sparrows Fall" wrecked in dissonance and pure fucking noise. But that noise establishes Converge's triumph. They lament their noise with agony in which no one experiences, but their ability to expand such an emotion to believability makes their "noise" accessible. Because, believe it or not folks, everyone makes a noise. Those fewer translate it with worth.

Accessibility is the key. This isn't a Meshuggah album. Turmoil is laid within the die and its shaken often. But the outcome solidifies the importance. No matter where "Veins"and "Coral Blue" collide it's their ability to hit the same nerve that leaves them in the same playing field. Both the Brand New fan and Linkin Park fan can comatose along with the Periphery lover, because All We Love strikes feelings our not premeditated notes.