Let The Number Be X
Conception Vol.I - A New Life

by Robert Garland CONTRIBUTOR (197 Reviews)
November 1st, 2012 | 10 replies

Review Summary: When the music is home grown it gets a better hold on you.

There is not a lot to be said about electronica as a whole. When it became a ‘thing’ it almost blew the world away, now for one reason or the next even commercial rock efforts are at least adding some electronica to their music to make it more… ah, diverse than the next rock act. Unfortunately for the guys actually making electronica, there is not a lot that’s going to make them stand out. Let The Number Be X (LT#BX) are an energetic bunch of musicians and are driven by an excitement that reinforces the music’s enjoyable features.

As listeners could completely expect, Let The Number Be X isn’t a revolutionary act. It’s clear that’s not what they’re going for. Rather than try to make music completely unique this local talent has focused on bouncy passages and catchy lyricism. From the Newcastle region, NSW, Australia; LT#BX work under a moniker of synths, six string bass guitars and seven string guitars, add a couple of screams and moderately melodic cleans from a dual singing effort and listeners are presented with a vibrant if not done before sound.

Unfortunately by releasing an EP rather than a full length there is not a lot of growth to be had from listening to such a short release. Singles like ‘Run’ and ‘Epileptic’ stand out but would do much better backed by an array of other tracks highlighting the talent these guys are one day going to put onto the electronica scene.

There is always something special to be said when you support local talent but it gets better when they show a promise that will allow them to grow and become more creative. For those who are looking just a little further than the EP look for tracks such as 'Focus, On The Unconscious' and 'Simon Says'. A full length record will help push these guys further and compliment this EP well.

In Flames Siren CharmsMastodon Once More 'Round the Sun
Mayhem Esoteric WarfareArchitects Lost Forever // Lost Together
Kauan PirutMiserable Failure Hope
good

November 1st 2012

Not sure on the release date, anyway's for free Ep go to their reverbnation link : http://www.reverbnation.com/ltnbx
Find them on facey: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Let-The-Number-Be-X/167354286656873?ref=ts&fref=ts

Cheers guys. Do it. Because Simon Fucking Said So!

Pos'd on rev

rec:

in summary change "gets" for "manifests"

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III ? Saturnian Poetry

November 1st 2012

Thankee man, on both counts : ) hoped you enjoyed it

November 1st 2012

np bro, actually I think "exudes" may work better thn manifests, my bad

November 1st 2012

These guys also cover metal songs too

Voivod
November 1st 2012

This is the only album art I could find.

Let me know if it's not the right one.

Digging: Raven Throne - ???????? ?????????

November 1st 2012

These guys have a couple, ill post a link later, or you can find it on their fb, where I asked them for one. Thankee man, you are always on top of the artwork

Muse1748
November 1st 2012

I rather liked the review. Not sure it would be my cup of tea, but I may give it a go. Pos'd

Give em a go Muse : ] Support some locals

November 2nd 2012

Correct album art @ http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347432355315731&set=a.347432328649067.79964.167354286656873&type=3&theater. Thanks Vovoid.