Municipal Waste
Hazardous Mutation

by uglyzip USER (2 Reviews)
September 4th, 2012 | 32 replies | 1,328 views

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Great album by a fun ass band, check out ALL of their stuff

These guys rule.
Crossover is a pretty cool genre to begin with. Taking the song lengths and structures of hardcore punk and fusing it with thrash metal creates something that makes me want to mosh and jump through walls. Part of why this album is so good is because you can tell just by listening to it that the band is having fun…that's what it is! FUN! This sh*t is FUN to LISTEN to!

NEXT!!!

This is the second full length release from Municipal Waste and it picks up where their debut "Waste em All" left off. It's a little more thrash this time around, not to mention a bit longer clocking in at around 26 minutes, where as their debut was a short and sweet 17 minutes. It's probably been said before but hey it's true, this album is similar to Slayers "Reign in Blood" due to all the songs meshing together to create one massive fun ball of thrash…I approve.

The band is tight and you can tell that all four of them have a strong musical relationship. This helps the music greatly because without that connection, this record would probably sound a bit sloppy and cluttered. Also every member here is great at what they do, most notably drummer Dave Witte, who keeps up with the insane tempos of the songs almost effortlessly. Guitarist Ryan Waste is also one of the better thrash guitarists I've heard. His playing revolves around rhythm, and let me tell you, this guy can write some f*cking sweet stuff. The other members, Vocalist Tony Foresta who brings A LOT of personality to his performance, and Bassist Land Phil who provides a very strong backbone to the album really bring everything together in this delicious stockpot of thrash soup.

People who say that the albums lyrics are "immature" or "childish" don't know how to get in touch with their stupid side. If you could take Municipal Wastes lyrics and make a movie out of them you would create B grade horror gold.
"I want to run you over, I want to stab your throat, I want you in some cement shoes, Getting thrown off of a boat!" - Nailed Casket.
My personal favourite is from the song "Mind Eraser"
"Don't blame me I was just bored, Blame it on the drinks that the bartender pored, 14 shots some beers as a chaser, then he followed it up with a Mind Eraser".

Overall you should buy this…sell a kidney if you have to just GET IT! It's worth it for anyone who likes their tunes fast, hard and over within the half hour.

KYZAR (3)
Good but not great Thrash/crossover...

uglyzip

Review numba two

Voivod
September 4th 2012

Please wait until your previous review comes off the main page, before you post another one.

This rule ensures that every review (yours included) gets the maximum exposure in the site's main page.

Digging: Electric Citizen - Sateen

BodomThrashMachine
September 4th 2012

This is like a KILL review but it's not as funny. What I'm saying is that it's just poorly written.

Thrash lives though.

ThroneOfAgony

0 out of 2

lol

September 4th 2012

its always nice to see some DRI reviews, props

Digging: Gal Costa - Gal Costa

BodomThrashMachine

KILL em all

speechless

Digging: IQ - The Road of Bones

Brostep
September 4th 2012

Gonna be honest, there's a lot you can improve. For starters, the summary tells me nothing about the album. Also the first half isn't particularly descriptive or well-written, and the second half is kind of thrown-together haphazardly. Some editing of the review wouldn't be a bad thing, and that's my advice to you

ViperAces

What does DRI mean?

BlackLlama

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles :D

Digging: Cinderella - Heartbreak Station

BlackLlama
September 4th 2012

As an aside, you may want to watch some things stylistically in your reviews. Over use of "...." at the end of sentences, capitalization of random words, the cursing (except in song titles) is generally not needed and detracts from your writing and or any credibility you are trying to build. The summary should tell you about the album, not the band, but that's just in my humble opinion. If you are trying to write a more lighthearted review I recommend reading up on some of the stuff Big Hans did (check out the Steel Panther - Balls Out) a while ago as an idea of how to pull it off effectively.

a 4.5?

lol

xfearbefore
September 4th 2012

Not a terrible review, but could use some work. You can explain how silly and fun an album is without writing "THIS SHIT IS FUN TO LISTEN TO!" because that just makes the whole thing come off really amateur-ish.

Glad to see these guys getting some love though. Can't wait to go see them with motherfucking Napalm Death.

Digging: Tiger Army - Tiger Army

September 4th 2012

glad to see these guys who rip off older bands gettin love when the bands they rip off rot away with only me and sonic jammin em yea agreed

welcome to the foodchain

September 4th 2012

welcome to my dick pussy

thats not saying much

September 4th 2012

length isnt everything girth is what counts if you didnt know that you are disillusion!!!

Spec

Great band.

September 4th 2012

but im tight and only lengthy staffs can enter my orphis