Redflesh
Raw War

by Ethereal Space Yogurt USER (205 Reviews)
August 16th, 2012 | 8 replies

Review Summary: Fuck you Whitey

In seven minutes Redflesh deliver one of the filthiest, most belligerent albums of the year. Based in Copenhagen, these perverse Danish miscreants skull*** you into submission with some truly righteous jams. "Raw War" is a 7 inch from the band that was just put out this year and I gotta tell you, it ***ing ass ***s my face like no ***ing other ep ***ing does.

Fusing the primal tendencies of older black metal and hardcore punk Redflesh pull no punches. From the get-go you are greeted with the primal aggression of a group of musically literate apes violently going through the motions, using and thrashing the Kardashian's bodies as disposable instruments and going ***ing ape*** in the rehearsal room with reckless abandon. Blood, beer, bones and bananas going everywhere in every ***ing direction. These monkeys are ***ing amped and mean business. They will *** you up and they will eat your face. No bath salts necessary.

These Simian headbangers concoct a furious riff filled assault with mid tempo dirges morphing into speedier territories when they feel the need to *** things up to level 666. In addition, soloing is implemented which enhances the audio belligerence that is taking place. Vokills are ***ing disgusting and totally unintelligible. They sound like the primal screams of a perturbed Orangutan having to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Just when they thought the worst was over a pissed off orangutan busts into their home and tackles them all down the hill resulting in what can only be described as a beautiful assbeating. The rhythm section is performed by a particularly nefarious crew of Babboons who get their rocks off beating their instruments like Bobby Brown beat Whitney. ***s gone totally bananas as this vile faction wreak their havoc upon the ears and eyes and dicks of humanity.

Production is sloppy and full of distortion which perfectly accentuates the neanderthal bashing/riffing that's taking place. All in all this *** is ***ing boss. This is a beautiful piece of melancholic, classical influenced post-rock that should find it's way into every hipsters heart. The mood, the emotion and the sincerity of this record is unparralled to anything else that has ever been produced. This will have you embrace your lover, dick in hand and journey among the lands that your ancestors once called home.