Owl City
The Midsummer Station

1.0
awful

by James Versluis USER (3 Reviews)
August 14th, 2012 | 25 replies

Review Summary: at least he isn't singing about Fireflies...right?

I remember the first time somebody showed me Fireflies by Owl City. I also remember how much I disliked the person previous to him showing me it and how much I despised him post listening. It was dreadful, it was horrendous, it was vile.

I'm still wondering why I just bothered to listen to Owl City's latest release entitled "The Midsummer Station".
Kicking things off with a duet with Carly Rae Jepsen... yep the "Call Me Maybe" girl...there isn't much hope left for the rest of the album.

From this point on it is a downward spiral into what can only be called "audio autism" as Adam Young slams his head into his Korg for maximum sound and minimal art.

There is nothing good about this album, there is nothing good about this band.

Not even the lyrics can save this masterpiece of awful. At least previous releases had some inventive lyrics.

Sure they made as much sense as tits on a horse, but at least they were nice to look at.

Why do people insist on releasing to such terrible music. Please, I beg you, do not listen this album or this band.

Put on The Postal Service if you feel a need for synthesised pop, as this album will only drive you to self harm.

2.3
nickwardmusic (2.5)
Dazzling highlights, but very and I mean VERY low lights....

August 14th 2012

One review a day dude. Your reviews get featured on the home page in the most recent reviews section, and every time a new review is posted it pushes another one off the page, so keep it to a minimum of one a day. Also, where the hell is this streaming? Gotta post a link to the stream in the comments man, you don't want your reviews getting taken down.

Digging: Molly Drake - Molly Drake

August 14th 2012

has Joyce been reincarnated???

RosaParks
August 14th 2012

review as much as you want each day there's no rule

August 14th 2012

http://www.owlcitymusic.com/home - stream at the top.

so.....one a day or....

August 14th 2012

also is this release date correct?

August 14th 2012

It may not be a rule, but it's just common courtesy.

August 14th 2012

no dramas, I won't do it again. For the physical CD, I believe it is the correct date.

August 14th 2012

weird he released two albums in 2 months? and your the only one who rated it? lol

August 14th 2012

Pixies released four albums in general and this fuck released two in two months what kind of sick world is this

Digging: Friendzone - Collection 1

Tyrael

20978 Comments

wait

people still like Pixies?

blastOFFitsPARTYtime

ummmmm

ViperAces
August 14th 2012

This isnt even out yet what

it is out...unfortunately

skoopy48
August 14th 2012

damn, i like his lyrics sometimes, looks like generic generic generic, he sold out with nothing to sell out to

Digging: Horse Feathers - House With No Home

Steoandnoodles
August 14th 2012

I love the album art. It's awesome.

Here is the full pic: http://www.nasyarobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/owlcityunlocked21280.jpg

Dunno what its origins are but it wasn't originally designed for this album, I'm pretty sure.

ThroneOfAgony

comment removed

August 14th 2012

Ocean Eyes had a couple of decent tracks, but I'll probably skip this

PlanningMyDeath

Throne got mod'd.

August 14th 2012

Almost forgot, here's some feedback on the actual review. Your Bloc Party review was awesome, but this review is shit dude. It's way too short, and every sentence is turned into a paragraph, this seems like a soundoff. You don't really justify a reason for why it's so bad that it constitutes a rating of a 1 either. In the first sentence you share a past experience and write in first person, that looks very strange in a review, and very unprofessional sounding. Also, the last two sentences don't say much of anything and read like something I'd find in a YouTube comment.

Dylan620
August 14th 2012

This is actually due for release on August 20, 2012 instead of August 20, 2011.

Digging: The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land