Eminem
The Eminem Show

by MYMOM143 USER (1 Reviews)
August 11th, 2012 | 12 replies

Release Date: 2002 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Eminem at his at his best.

Admit it: Eminem is the best rapper alive. And Em proves that with "The Eminem Show". Unlike his previous albums, "The Eminem Show is mostly self-produced, the music integrates rock music, and has less humor than his previous albums due to the songs being more serious. Enough of that, now the review (This is my 1st review so please do not be so harsh.)

1. Curtains Up: The title pretty much speaks for itself. The skit leads into "White America".

2. Whit America: The song is about how Em's skin color has gained him the amount of attention he has today. The song ends with him shouting over a megaphone:
"So to the parents of America, I am the derringer aimed at little Erica, to attack her character, the ringleader of this circus of worthless pawns, sent to lead the march right up to The steps of congress, and piss on the lawns of the White House, to burn the flag and replace it with a parental advisory sticker, to spit liquor in the faces of in this democracy of hypocrisy, *** you Ms. Cheney, *** you Tipper Gore, *** you with the freest of speech this Divided states of embarrassment will allow me to have, *** you." The song is epic and is a must listen to before you die 5/5.

3. Business: The song is cartoonish and very funny, especially with Dre yelling in the chorus "HELL YEAH!!!!". The song has Em comparing him and Dre to Batman and Robin. The song also contains the truest statement on the album: "I can't leave rap alone!! The game needs me!!!" The song is really cool, check it out!! 5/5

4. Cleanin' Out My Closet: The song has Em getting facts straight about his mother and why he resents her so much. The song contains samples of Blondie's "Atomic". The song is really good but it's not his best work 4.5/5.

5. Square Dance: The song has Em taking shots at the government and criticizes the Bush Administration for its involvement in the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars, and warns young men of being drafted (THIS MEANS YOU TOO!!!). The ending of the song reminds me of the ending of the song "I'm Back" from The Marshall Mathers LP. The song has a great beat with some pretty funny lyrics, check it out 5/5.

6. The Kiss (Skit): The skit is a recreation of Em's 2000 pistol-whipping assault of John Guerrra, a bouncer who Eminem witnessed kissing his wife, Kim. The skit leads into "Soldier".

7. "Soldier": This song has one epic beat, SERIOUSLY! The song is pretty much based on the same subject of "The Kiss". The beat and lyrics are amazing 5/5.

8. Say Goodbye, Hollywood: The song's lyrics are as heavy as "Cleanin' Out My Closet". Em raps about "selling" his soul to the devil and wanting to put an end to the fame and success because it has destroyed his character and hurt his life. This song replaced his original song "Stimulate" (STIMULATE IS AMAZING!!!!!) , which can be found on the 8 Mile Soundtrack: Limited Edition. The song has Em singing "That's why I feel this way" in the background of the chorus. The song is really good check it out 5/5.

9. Drips: ...wow...THIS SONG IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!! The song is about Obie sleeping with Em's wife and retracting an STD. Em, too retracts an STD from her! Obie drops one of the best verses on the album 5/5.

10. Without Me: This song summarizes why the world will be "so empty without [him]" (It's very true, world will be so empty without him!!!). The song is like "Business": their both funny and very true 5/5.

11. Paul Rosenburg (Skit): The skit has Paul complaining about Em bringing his gun to work.

12. Sing for the Moment: The song is AMAZING!!! The song is about the controversy Em has created over the years and the impact his lyrics had on society. The song samples "Dream On" by Aerosmith and even features Joe Perry playing the guitar solo at the end of the song 5/5.

13. Superman: I don't know why, but I like this song A LOT. The song is about Em's perception of women, explaining that he does not want to get involved in a relationship and does not appreciate the fact that most women are simply attracted to him because of his wealth. The beat is great and I LOVE the chorus 5/5.

14. Hailie's Song: Admit it: Eminem is a good singer. The song is similar to "Mocking Bird" from Encore. Em sings the first two verses and chorus and raps the third verse. The song is about how much Em loves his daughter, Hallie (awww). The song is actually pretty good check it out 5/5.

15. Steve Berman (Skit): The skit has Steve (almost) insulting the album until Em shoots him (rofl).

16. When the Music Stops: This song is the definition of awesome. As far as I'm concerned, D12 drops the best verse by a collaborator ever. The song is ridiculously funny check it out 5/5.

17. Say What You Say: No offense but this is the weakest song on the album. The beat is ridiculously repetitive too 2/5.

18. 'Til I Collapse: HANDS DOWN THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!! The beat consists of the "stomp stomp clap" from Queen's "We Will Rock You". Lyrics and beat are amazing and features Em singing at the end of the song: "I will not fall, I will stand tall, feels like no one could beat me." The song is just mind blowing 5/5.

19. My Dad's Gone Crazy: The song is hilarious and even features Hallie on vocals (how the hell did Em get his daughter to sing on one of his songs!?). The song is really cool check it out 5/5.

20. Curtains Close: The curtains close and has Ken Kaniff paroding "Without Me": "Guess whose back? Back again? Ken is back, tell some men "rub my back, rub my back"

Over all the album is a masterpiece and is truly Eminem's best album 5/5

'Til I Collapse
My Dad's Gone Crazy

Calc

Some constructive criticism:

"and has less humor than his previous albums due to the songs being more serious"

no shit..

Also I'm, not sure the track by track format is the best way to present a review. You have a very informal, conversational tone and I can't think of any else other than your being a fanboy, and I dunno if I would like this record based on what you wrote. I'd read some reviews by some other peeps and see what they do well.

Digging: Milo - A Toothpaste Suburb

ZedO
August 11th 2012

the only eminem album i've ever heard from start to finish, like this!!

ThroneOfAgony

WHIT AMERICA

evilford
August 11th 2012

Lol you need to proofread dude

Digging: Burial (NL) - Relinquished Souls

YankeeDudel

The last good Em

Digging: The The - Soul Mining

Uranium

^ [2]

Storm In A Teacup
August 11th 2012

You don't say what the album sounds like, just that songs are good.

Ayashi
August 11th 2012

Awful review, great album. Em's last great one indeed

breakingthefragile
August 11th 2012

I can't tell if this is a troll review or not. I mean, even your username makes me feel uneasy about taking this seriously.

J0ckstrapsFTW
August 11th 2012

Oh god not another track by track

camaraderie

Album rules face.

mynameisSlimShady
August 11th 2012

Nice try at a first review but try to avoid doing it track by track. When I wrote my review of hell the sequel, I was also tempted to do track by track (mostly because theres only 9 songs) but these types of reviews are frowned upon by the sputnik community. Try to describe the album as a whole by using the stronger songs vs. the weaker songs (though in my opinion the only weak song here is drips). Also, proof read at least twice by yourself and have someone else do it a third time.
Good luck on future reviews.