Linkin Park
Living Things

2.0
poor

by Eventide USER (1 Reviews)
July 9th, 2012 | 26 replies

Review Summary: I know plenty have reviewed this, but I figured i'd give my take on it.

Hello skate fans, and welcome to the competition! First up we have Linkin Park with Living Things. Don't forget, you have 37 minutes to score as much as you can, so try and break out the best tricks that you can! Repetition of tricks, and bails will hurt your score. Living Things are you ready? Let's go!

Living Things starts off and goes up the quarter pipe with Lost In The Echo, an electrifying, full of energy trick! The energy is flowing with In My Remains, another good trick, but it felt too ordinary. Here Living Things comes heading towards the bowl, and it dives in with Burn It Down, while this trick is different from the first two, it feels very formulaic. Whoa! Did you see him land that Lies Greed Misery? It seemed like a more energetic version of the previous tricks he pulled out, but yet it felt the same. Living Things needs to pull out more tricks before the fans lose attention! He comes out of the bowl and on to the ledge with an I'll Be Gone. That was actually a standard boardslide, nothing too exciting there, but WAIT! He bailed with that one. Tough loss there, buddy. You started off on fire but you are getting very repetitive and in fact boring.

He goes back to the quarter pipe with Castle Of Glass and that was a yawn. It felt like it started good, but it's repetition nearly killed would could've been a creative trick. And as he go-- HOLY *** did you see that Victimized down the 12 set? I might have to rewind the footage, that came so quick I didn't even get to fully digest it! Living Things heelflips into a nollie, and Roads Untraveled's out. That trick could've been better if it had more structure and didn't repeat itself that much. Over the wall with a Skin To Bone, that was a dirty trick! While I enjoyed the flow of the trick, it seemed like it need something more to push it. Here Living Things comes with an Until It Breaks, but ew what a cluster*** of a stale combo. It started really lame with an ollie into a quick manual, went back to the ollie and landed in a long nose manual. That combo was pretty empty and in fact awkward. Living Things into the halfpipe, going up with a Tinfoil, and bails. Come on Living Things, you are capable of much better than that! He tries it again, this time with a Powerless and succeeds! Good job on successfully landing that trick. Your session has ended.

Overall with alot of repetitveness in the beginning and a bail, you didn't start out to well. Your creativeness tried to kick in towards the middle of the session, but it just didn't work. The awkwardness came in towards the end, with good ideas that were executed poorly. Your session - 2/5

2.8
good

Sach360
July 9th 2012

Your analogy kind of fell flat :/

Storm In A Teacup
July 9th 2012

Who let lil wayne make a sputnik account?

KjSwantko

haha this review

worst summary ever?

Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack

MO
July 9th 2012

that final paragraph is a great descriptor of your review!

Scoot
July 9th 2012

definite contender for worst review of all time

KatatoNick

WTF is this?

ZedO

nothing

WashboardSuds
July 9th 2012

I'm all for experimental reviews but what the hell are you trying to do here

Digging: Gas - Nah und Fern

MeatSalad
July 9th 2012

Why do people care about this album so much

July 9th 2012

Cuz people still check out the new albums of the bands that suck dick now but they liked when they were a kid for some reason

MeatSalad
July 9th 2012

It's beyond me as to why. I haven't even bothered checking out this band's releases since I got bored of meteora as a kid

DarthMann

srcsm

skoopy48
July 9th 2012

Well you certainly gave your take on it......neg

Digging: Let It Happen - Cause Effect

johnnydeking29
July 9th 2012

Oh dear, you should have done it as a wrestling match: Linkin Park vs their past

Digging: Envy - A Dead Sinking Story

NotSoFast

That first paragraph...

loveisamixtape
July 10th 2012

I'm all for experimental reviews but what the hell are you trying to do here [2]

summary is unintentionally condescending and it's hilarious

Deviant.

wtf is this shit?

Digging: LV and Joshua Idehen - Islands

fr33convict
July 10th 2012

I'm all for experimental reviews but what the hell are you trying to do here [34567]

sixdegrees
July 10th 2012

well, at least you tried.

Digging: Foreground Eclipse - Stories That Last Through The Sleepless Nights