Knife Party
Rage Valley

by housegeek23 USER (7 Reviews)
July 4th, 2012 | 18 replies | 3,485 views

Review Summary: Wait... haven't I heard this before?!

So, I'm looking for an album to review and I love Swedish House Mafia, so a couple of friends told me to look into this artist and I heard the song Antidote that SHM did with these guys and I liked it so I decided to pick up their 100% No Modern Talking EP, which I also really liked. I'm scrolling through the list of new releases and I see this EP, so I decide to check it out and I literally thought I was listening to their first EP.

The first track starts off with a more Electro/House beat, but doesn't take long to drag as soon as I hear the drop, which sounds exactly like Internet Friends. The second track(and I also notice this with the third track), start a bit more upbeat at the beginning and what do you know, the drop sounds like Fire Hives and the voice saying "BONFIRE!" in the third track sounds EXACTLY like the drop words you hear in Fire Hive.

The Last track you hear on the EP, you hear a deep male voice saying words like, "People move your feet, until they kick us out, until they kick us out". While these lyrics may be a bit boring and repetetive and not to mention downright annoying, the three songs you heard before, with their copied, but still heptic drops, get you thinking that there is something to look forward too, but there's not. Just the same repeated lyrics and a drop that sounds like something from an amateur DJ track from Youtube. Thankfully, it doesn't sound like any of the songs on their previous album but it turns out without doing this, there's nothing you can actually expect.

To some who have no gift at spotting a cheep stake, you may find this EP enjoyable, but to others, this will just sounds like a bunch of Skrillex B - Sides.