Wongraven
Fjelltronen

by C I N A E D U S USER (21 Reviews)
July 3rd, 2012 | 11 replies | 1,856 views

Release Date: 1995 | Tracklist

Review Summary: im starting to perspire i can feel my bodily juices becoming active cos this album is so fucking good you should really check it out

ok im kinda mad cos i just wrote an entire ***ing review describing this album and how im gonna slap my titties till they talk to me because im real thirsty but nope even that was taken away from me anyway here is the album.

This album was created by the front-man from Satyricon, who wanted to start meddling with an entire new genre of music. needless to say he succeedded. Describing this album is difficult, it has the perfect balance of evil synths and calming folk guitar (which puts on a fine display) combined with a pan flute or something similar. The medieval element incorporated within this album really sets it apart from many of the similar subgenre of Ambient (sometimes known as Fantasy Music or Fantasy Ambient) - comparing this to Burzuums crazy albums is nearly laughable and goddamn I'm thirsty brb.

alright just chugged down a bottle of chocolate milk and squeezed out a tube of pringles and now im rearing to go.
As with most albums released within its genre, Fjelltronen is something that is usually a hit or miss - some will regard it as brilliant, and then there are others who just despise this genre, and in turn, Wongravens most promising release. Some could argue that this is applicable everywhere, and it most likely is. But there is a definite strong dividing line that seperates those that like this particular style of music, and those that don't. In essence, Fjelltron is not a very accessible album, and those that say it is are just retarded. Clocking in at just half an hour, it's the perfect album to put on while enjoying a quick tug before a party so you're not tempted to cheat, as it's still enjoyable as background music, and at stages, quite peaceful.
All in all, this album has as much win as Black Caviar (australian reference if u dont get it.)
If you rock you should atleast give the first track a spin as although it goes on for more than half the album, it captures what this particular genre of music is all about in a nutshell.

if you like this i would also rec stuff like elffor, lord wind, and to a lesser extent misarmi and wyrd

Dinosaur Jr. BugMuse The 2nd Law
Lumsk TrollJohn Williams Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Jeremy Soule The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim SoundtrackAvenged Sevenfold Welcome to the Family

July 3rd 2012

i really like this album so im gonna edit this review into something good later but im too pissed off to do it right now anyway enjoy

FictionalFlames
July 3rd 2012

then why did you post it?

FictionalFlames
July 3rd 2012

also the album art looks hella like Carpathian Forest's Through Chasm, Caves And Titan Woods.

July 3rd 2012

cos i needed to get my rage out

Janeeet

awful review

Crysis
July 3rd 2012

same art as through caverns, caves and titan woods

Tyrael

20829 Comments

did you mean: Through Chasm, Caves and Titan Woods Kyle?

Crysis
July 3rd 2012

yeah that's the one too lazy to look it up but it seems you got it

chasm/cavern same shit

Eunuch
July 3rd 2012

I'm a fan of this genre but this isn't one of the highlights for me. It's a good album though.

January 8th 2013

the first two songs are real good tho dunno why i recd those bands tho they arent similar