For My Pain...
Fallen

by Antonius USER (25 Reviews)
June 24th, 2012 | 17 replies | 1,101 views

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Much misery and depression for the lovers of the genre

Regarding the metal scene, Finland is a country which usually delivers great bands. Thankfully, it is not an exception even in the case of For My Pain.., a super-group with gothic characteristics in its sound which reminds a lot the likes of Charon, Sentenced as well as HIM's early days. The band is comprised by members of Nightwish, Embraze, Eternal Tears of Sorrow and Reflexion, thus people who are familiar with the aforementioned bands realise that this has some quality. In regards to the production, it seems that a very good job has been done and in addition I believe that the band managed to depict the emotion they wanted in the album. The atmosphere that is created may not be the most gloomiest one, however, the dominate aura is that of melancholy, misery and depression.

Regarding the songs I specifically distinguished the desperate ''My Wound is Deeper than Yours'', the majestic pessimism of ''Queen Misery'', the hopelessness in ''Rapture of the Lust'' with the catchy chorus, the harmonic melodiousness of ''Broken Days'' with Holopainen's signature in keyboards and lastly the melancholic ''Autumn Harmony'' with the heavy riff and neat guitar solo. I don't think there are bad songs on the album and easily someone might have different opinions than me.

Overall, is a very melodic volume with a balance since there was not given any particular attention to specific instruments. Lengthy solo's are absent from guitars and keyboards and this can be clearly identified. I believe that a good choice has been made in terms of the tracks ordering, since the tempo is not kept constantly at high levels but rather fluctuates regularly keeping a nice flow. On the weaknesses side, I would mention the fact that Fallen does not present something innovative in it's total and the lyrics could have been worked out better as well. However, these negatives are not so important in order to drive the quality down.

Rival Sons Great Western ValkyrieRoyal Blood Out of the Black
Radio Moscow Radio MoscowBoston Life, Love & Hope
The Temperance Movement The Temperance MovementThe Winery Dogs The Winery Dogs

June 24th 2012

Sea of Emotions is basically the greatest song ever.

June 24th 2012

just listened to this, bro this is amazing, his voice is awesome and it has catchy guitars. also im a sucker for sad lyrics... m/

anyways have a pos

June 24th 2012

good review, looks like something i might enjoy.

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars

dude shuyin this rules

June 24th 2012

i see, this is one of those albums that ive downloaded like a year ago but never listened to it.

June 24th 2012

really? damn you missed out. Sea of Emotions is the best off this

June 24th 2012

i believe you, however i wonder if in the review he actually meant Eternal Tears of Sorrow, instead of 'Eternal Fears of Sorrow'.. because that band absolutely RULES.

June 24th 2012

oh yeah, he means that. i actually didnt see he messed up there. but yeah it has members from Eternal Tears of Sorrow, who rule too

June 24th 2012

I must listen to this. Where do I find this?

easy look up For My Pain... Fallen mediafire lol

Okay.

June 24th 2012

'yeah it has members from Eternal Tears of Sorrow, who rule too'

now we're talking, ill be checking this out tomorrow. its already 4am, gonna get some sleep :p

'I must listen to this. Where do I find this?'

if youre having trouble type 'filestube' on google and then just search the album you want, 96% sure to work (statistic somewhat accurate).

I'm loving it so far.

June 24th 2012

yeah his voice is amazing

March 3rd 2013

album still rules.

March 3rd 2013

cant believe i forgot to give this one a listen

April 9th 2014

Still such a great album.