Never Shout Never
Harmony

by BookReader792 USER (3 Reviews)
June 24th, 2012 | 41 replies

Review Summary: I have come to realize that Sputnik music has a lot of hate for NeverShoutNever. Why? Is it because of the songs, his voice, or the simple way he writes his name? I am probaly going to get a lot of hate for this but NeverShoutNever is my favorite band of

I believe we should look at the improvement of NeverShoutNever. His own voice has got less high and much more easier to listen to. His lyrics have a much more direct message and the songs are much more varied then the last album "What Is Love?" The first song on his first full length album is titled "Harmony." You scrape the surface of his music with this song. Although the lyrics do get a bit shakey and parts and you can breathe in the John Lennon's refrences, I find this song to be one of the more enjoyable songs on the album. The next song on the album is "This *** Getz Old" This may be one of the best songs on the album. The entire song is listenable and just puts you a mood where you feel great. The next song is called "CheaterCheaterBestFriendEater"(Isn't that a mouth full?) This is the first song that made me fall in love with this band. The rhythm in this song is quite simple and the lyrics are very direct. That's the flaw though in the song. It's just a simple tine but damn, does it get stuck in your head! Since I don't want to go to everything song on this album and pick it apart. I am only going to talk bout two more songs. The firth song is titled "PiggyBank." The music makes the song. The chorus has so many instruments involved in it, you can't help but tap your foot and bob your head to the beat. The last song on the album is not only my favorite song on the album but my favorite song by him. It's called "Sellout." In this song, Christofer says that he has sold his soul to the corrpation and he basically says that he is tired of the way that society chooses the stars and that's it's only about image and not artistry. One of the last lines is "Cuz I got a feeling deep inside my soul, it's taken three whole years to gain control and I ain't never letting go." For all you NeverShoutNever haters, I hope that line makes you believe that he has finally found his sound and himself.
To conclude this review, I believe that this album is his best album to date. His has out grew his lovey dovey love songs and has really said something with his album. I encourage all of you to listen to this album.

2.8
good
AjayStewart (3)
A slightly more mature album that will keep fans happy with it's cliched, poppy charm....

Scoot
June 23rd 2012

The music makes the song.

getting a tattoo of this

Digging: Unearth - Watchers of Rule

NickelbackFTL
June 23rd 2012

"the entire song is listenable"

gr8t review

Digging: Ted Nugent - Shutup&jam!

fuckthatnoise
June 24th 2012

The music makes the song.

getting a tattoo of this

oh fuck that you should get this entire review tattooed on you.

ThroneOfAgony

June 24th 2012

Very objective review, especially the summary, have a pos

Digging: Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2

June 24th 2012

"His own voice has got less high"

Here I'll be your thesaurus, "Lower"

June 24th 2012

You said "much more" like three times in a row

June 24th 2012

"To conclude this review"

Never say this, it is implied because well you know it's a conclusion

FearThyEvil
June 24th 2012

His username is complete irony with this review he presented. I wasn't expecting a 5/5 for this to be a good review anyway.

ConcubinaryCode

Keep reviewing. You're so good at it! =D

June 24th 2012

he has a gift for writing, I must say.

camaraderie
June 24th 2012

"I have come to realize that Sputnik music has a lot of hate for NeverShoutNever. Why? "

Maybe because One Direction is cuter and more talented than Never Shout Never.
Maybe because the lead singer was caught with pot.
Maybe because the guy can't fucking sing.
Maybe because there are much much better pop/pop-rock outfits that you can find even on the radio.

Just a thought. : )

LifeAsAChipmunk

Well damn.

"Maybe because the lead singer refers to himself as either Never Shout Never or NeverShoutNever depending on how he feels."

How sad would it be if that was actually true.

Deviant.
June 24th 2012

Why the fuck did you link me to this nonsense?

Digging: Objekt - Flatland

Guys, I'm a girl and I'm also 12...And sorry about the grammar mistakes

That explains a lot.

camaraderie
June 25th 2012

"Guys, I'm a girl and I'm also 12...And sorry about the grammar mistakes"

The overwhelming majority of Sputnik users are male so it is assumed every new user is a guy as well. If you like this stuff, there are much better pop rock outfits out there.