Eminem
The Slim Shady LP

by thecreative0ne USER (50 Reviews)
June 11th, 2012 | 18 replies | 2,221 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The best Eminem album, and is a true masterpiece.

Eminem is one of the best hip-hop artists of all time, and this album proves it. This is his major label debut. There really are no positive messages in Eminems music, since he rhymes about drugs and violence, but don't think those are the only things Eminem rhymes about here. Eminem has an intricate flow that very few can defeat. Now let's get started with the track by track review.

1. Public Service Announcement: A funny way to begin the album. Can't really rate it since it's an intro.

2. My Name Is: One of the most popular tracks on the album. A funny song with great production by Dr Dre. 4/5

3. Guilty Conscience: A brilliant song that features Dr Dre, and he produces for it as well. It's where there are 3 people in different scenarios, and Eminem is the evil one, telling the 3 people to be evil, and Dr Dre is the good side, and he tries to convince the people to be good, but eventually he turns evil at the end, and convinces the 3rd person to shoot the enemy, and the song ends with gunshots. A brilliant song. 5/5

4. Brain Damage: A song where Eminem explains his bullying experiences in middle school, and fights back towards the end of the song. A great song. 5/5

5. Paul: Skit.

6. If I Had: A more personal song, where Eminem explains what it's like to be poor, and how he wishes he had more money. 4/5

7. 97 Bonnie And Clyde: A twisted song, where Eminem throws the corpse of his dead wife into the ocean with his daughter. He hides the fact that she's dead from her daughter, in a clever way. 5/5

8. B****: Skit.

9. Role Model: A funny, classic song where Eminem makes fun of the way people call him a role model. One of the best songs on the album. This song has production from Dr Dre. 5/5

10. Lounge: Skit.

11. My Fault: A song where he talks about him giving someone a bag of mushrooms. The weakest song on the album, but it's still good. 4/5

12. Ken Kaniff: Skit.

13. Cum On Everybody: A funny party song. One of the weakest songs, but it's still a good song. 4/5

14. Rock Bottom: The best song. Another song where he talks about what it's like to be poor. 5/5

16. Soap: Skit.

17. As The World Turns: A funny, classic song, and in the 1st verse, he talks about what it was like in his school again. Classic. 5/5

18. I'm Shady: Another funny song. 5/5

19. Bad Meets Evil: A great song that launched the beginning of the Bad Meets Evil duo with Royce Da 5'9. One of the best songs on the album. This song contains a sample of Me And My Girlfriend by 2Pac. 5/5

20. Still Don't Give A F***: A great song. One of the best on the album, and a great way to end the album. 5/5

Pros:
Phenomenal Lyrics
Phenomenal Beats

No Cons

Bottom line is, that this album is a masterpiece, and is the best Eminem album.

Best 3 songs:

2. Cum On Everybody
3. If I Had

Nas I Am...Boogie Down Productions Sex And Violence
Rakim The Seventh SealKRS-One I Got Next
Kool G Rap and DJ Polo Wanted: Dead Or AliveKool G Rap and DJ Polo Road to the Riches
user ratings (1964)

One of Eminems best albums

That's not saying much considering he has 2 good albums

TooLateToGoBack
June 11th 2012

review made my eyes bleed.

breakingthefragile
June 11th 2012

Wow there partner, slow down, only one review per day. When your review posts it pushes other people's down. Believe me, I made the same newby mistake and learned the hard way, the first day I joined I posted 7 reviews within seconds of each other lol.

Digging: Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know...

KatatoNick
June 11th 2012

Just in case you can't think of any other words..

phishing

username irony

sixdegrees
June 11th 2012

terrible formatting and the descriptions lack detail. sorry bro.

Digging: Ted Nugent - Shutup&jam!

Maniac!
June 11th 2012

It's reviews like this that make me want to give up on life.

YoYoMancuso

the new frizzlefried

Deviant.
June 11th 2012

As far as track by track's go.......

This one's pretty bad

Digging: FaltyDL - In The Wild

auberginedreams

Graveyard
June 12th 2012

"15. Just Don't Give A F***: A classic song where Eminem uses great lyrics. A great track. 5/5"

benkim
June 12th 2012

2086 Comments

I was having a pretty shitty day at work but this review just made up for it big time. Woah!!

snoopdogg6969
September 11th 2012

"eminem has 2 good albums"?... infinite, slim shady + marshall mathers lp, eminem show are all good, and im pretty sure if you scraped through the rest you might find enough to make another album

October 8th 2012

I changed my mind, this album IS his best album

October 8th 2012

I give this album 5/5, 10/10, and my grade for it is "A+."

October 10th 2012

I forgot to put that Guilty Conscience is the best song on the album.

sixdegrees
October 10th 2012

thanks for the update!

December 23rd 2012

@Trebor17: Every Eminem album except for Encore (mediocre) and Infinite (average) is amazing