Review Summary: The best Eminem album, and is a true masterpiece.
Eminem is one of the best hip-hop artists of all time, and this album proves it. This is his major label debut. There really are no positive messages in Eminems music, since he rhymes about drugs and violence, but don't think those are the only things Eminem rhymes about here. Eminem has an intricate flow that very few can defeat. Now let's get started with the track by track review.
1. Public Service Announcement: A funny way to begin the album. Can't really rate it since it's an intro.
2. My Name Is: One of the most popular tracks on the album. A funny song with great production by Dr Dre. 4/5
3. Guilty Conscience: A brilliant song that features Dr Dre, and he produces for it as well. It's where there are 3 people in different scenarios, and Eminem is the evil one, telling the 3 people to be evil, and Dr Dre is the good side, and he tries to convince the people to be good, but eventually he turns evil at the end, and convinces the 3rd person to shoot the enemy, and the song ends with gunshots. A brilliant song. 5/5
4. Brain Damage: A song where Eminem explains his bullying experiences in middle school, and fights back towards the end of the song. A great song. 5/5
5. Paul: Skit.
6. If I Had: A more personal song, where Eminem explains what it's like to be poor, and how he wishes he had more money. 4/5
7. 97 Bonnie And Clyde: A twisted song, where Eminem throws the corpse of his dead wife into the ocean with his daughter. He hides the fact that she's dead from her daughter, in a clever way. 5/5
8. B****: Skit.
9. Role Model: A funny, classic song where Eminem makes fun of the way people call him a role model. One of the best songs on the album. This song has production from Dr Dre. 5/5
10. Lounge: Skit.
11. My Fault: A song where he talks about him giving someone a bag of mushrooms. The weakest song on the album, but it's still good. 4/5
12. Ken Kaniff: Skit.
13. Cum On Everybody: A funny party song. One of the weakest songs, but it's still a good song. 4/5
14. Rock Bottom: The best song. Another song where he talks about what it's like to be poor. 5/5
15. Just Don't Give A F***: A classic song where Eminem uses great lyrics. A great track. 5/5
16. Soap: Skit.
17. As The World Turns: A funny, classic song, and in the 1st verse, he talks about what it was like in his school again. Classic. 5/5
18. I'm Shady: Another funny song. 5/5
19. Bad Meets Evil: A great song that launched the beginning of the Bad Meets Evil duo with Royce Da 5'9. One of the best songs on the album. This song contains a sample of Me And My Girlfriend by 2Pac. 5/5
20. Still Don't Give A F***: A great song. One of the best on the album, and a great way to end the album. 5/5
Bottom line is, that this album is a masterpiece, and is the best Eminem album.
Best 3 songs:
1. Guilty Conscience
2. Role Model
3. Rock Bottom
Weakest 3 songs:
1. My Fault
2. Cum On Everybody
3. If I Had