Blue Foundation
In My Mind I Am Free

by slowmorning USER (1 Reviews)
May 28th, 2012 | 11 replies | 2,222 views

Review Summary: Known for blending various styles such as electronic, shoegaze, and dream pop, this album showcases the best elements of all three.

There are some albums that you can tell are going to take you on an adventure as soon as the play button is hit. One of the best things about hearing a new album is that everything is completely new during that moment. Excitement grows with every track and then before you know it, it’s reached that last song. It’s like waking up from a wonderful dream and entering back into the real world.

Such is the case with Brooklyn duo Blue Foundation and their fifth LP In My Mind I Am Free. Known for blending various styles such as electronic, shoegaze, and dream pop, this album showcases the best elements of all three. Each song has something different to offer. The intro “Just A Hand” does a perfect job of setting the mood with its hazy effects and soft, smooth vocals. “Ground Control” has more of an industrial, electronic feel and seems like a mix between M83, NIN, and an old Sega game.

Ready to lose yourself and drift away? Then this album has just what you need to do so. Open your minds and close your eyes.

May 28th 2012

First heard this band through Life Of A Ghost and liked it. Found this album incredibly boring, however.

Digging: He Is Legend - I Am Hollywood

errmm.....

Both 5 ratings and the 4.5 rating are from accounts created today with no extra posts and a maximum of 2 ratings (the other album being the same for two of the accounts). I call shenanigans.

/detective.

May 28th 2012

I'm guessing that explains the insta-pos, too.

mylife
May 28th 2012

I really liked last album! This one is good to.

slowmorning
May 28th 2012

Hey man. New here, but I really like this album. Did a mistake on the rating system.

try harder, dude.

KatatoNick
May 28th 2012

I know (like me) many people don't like reading overly-long reviews, but isn't this one kind of overly... short?

Acanthus
May 28th 2012

Their trip hop album is grand, not tried the rest.

Digging: Ayria - Hearts for Bullets

CrimsonKangaroo
May 31st 2012

I would expect more from a band who released Sweep of days.

noiseandclick
June 30th 2012

Songs and production is great!

zxlkho
October 20th 2012

I really really loved Life of a Ghost. This better be as good as you say it is.