Crevice
In Between

by Hernan M. Campbell STAFF
May 25th, 2012 | 45 replies | 3,613 views

Review Summary: An acoustic voyage through progressive elements.

There is a hypnotic quality that coats the music of Crevice's In Between. The album is composed by an acoustic sound, which inevitably tends to induce a gentle atmosphere, but the music in this particular effort has a much darker vibe to it. One that also exhibits an alluring element within its soothing tone. The music is composed entirely by an acoustic guitar sound, but the orchestration of the instrumental sections are truly impressive.

A song like "Cold Iridescents", though expressing a more aggressive tone than the rest of the tracks, displays the typical paradigm of the album. The guitar-work is truly captivating because it takes us through lengthy passages with unpredictable tempos, yet they are all dexterously composed. Another interesting aspect of the music also lies within its vocal deliveries. The vocal deliveries are practically existing in a free-form environment, ranging from soft narratives to even aggravated death-growls, which is a rather unique approach for a Folk album. In Between may be an album that only has an acoustic guitar and the voice of a singer to offer, but the listening experience it provides will be sure to captivate the interest of the listener when given the enthusiasm it deserves.

Trioscapes Digital Dream SequenceBroken Bells After The Disco
Sound and Fury (FI) PulsacionJail Weddings Meltdown: A Declaration of Unpopular Emotion
Chick Corea The VigilPond (AUS) Hobo Rocket

Peering

May 25th 2012

I felt like this needed a review. Also I kept calling it an "album" when its really an EP so sorry about that.

Free Download -http://www.mediafire.com/?davdzrlces4hxb6

Digging: Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty

JamieTwort

20416 Comments

This rules.

@Silent
Crevice is CaptainDooRight, he wrote the album and he handed it out a while ago.

Graveyard

nice

Digging: Total Control - Typical System

Wolfhorde
May 25th 2012

lol potsy. there was quite well frequented list in which captain put the DL for his EP up and yeah it's pretty sweet. that pothead's got some talent.

May 25th 2012

Oh crap bro!! Saw this on the home page and almost shit myself.

Thanks bro. Reading your review right now, auto pos!

May 25th 2012

Wow your review was literally perfect in every sense!

It is extremely kind of you to write a review for this Paper. I am forever thankful to you.

Also I didn't even ask him to write a review for it. Shows Paper is kind guy who's always looking out for the interest of others. Thanks again man!

seedofnothing
May 25th 2012

Congrats on getting a review for your work Captain. Well deserved.

I really enjoyed this a lot.

I really like how you kept this original with the darker intertones as well the progressive natures. Good job. Can't wait to hear the LP

Also excellent review PaperBackWriter. I agree fully with your descriptions.

May 25th 2012

Thanks Seed I really appreciate that.

And lol at Wolf, I didn't catch your post up there. Lol till the day I day bro.

Rail
May 25th 2012

Yeah, this is great. Took me a few listens to appreciate the vocals, but the guitar-playing is fresh, composed thoughtfully and generates an atmosphere of the Sublime.

Digging: Merchandise - After The End

ItsOnlyWords
May 25th 2012

This is actually pretty good, I love the acoustic style.

@Captain
Glad you liked it. Im always looking out for my mates, keep me posted ont he follow-up.

@Rail
Yeah i love the instrumentation in this, really good stuff.

Eclecticist

Fantastic album!

May 25th 2012

Thanks for the kind words bros. damn sucks who negd this review. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

May 25th 2012

I'm glad you like it Captain, that's all that matters.

May 26th 2012

Bro were gonna be friends for a long time. Glad I met you here. And not because of kind favor. You're just one of coolest guys I've met overall. If cheers makes a difference may you have an awesome life brother, cheers

As far as the review. Damn good. Your writings skills have really impressed upon me. If you ever wrote a book I would not hesitate to read it at all.

Dashy
May 26th 2012

Finally someone reviewed this! Still a great album that still finds its way into my plays even with the ridiculous amount of new music I've been getting for the past week or so. Glad to see this getting more attention.

@Dashy
Yeah I agree. its a good piece of music.

@Captain
Hey, youre a good guy yourself, mate. And I'm honored that you consider me a friend. I consider you one as well.

AllGabrielsAreGlass
May 26th 2012

This shit rules. it's also great to see the sputnik community helping each other out like this. Paperback you are an excellent dude.