Pink Floyd
Meddle

by Eric Kirchgasser USER (1 Reviews)
May 15th, 2012 | 22 replies | 1,891 views

Release Date: 1971 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Set the tone for some of Pink Floyds best work

Meddle released in 1971 marked when Pink Floyd discovered their sound that they would carry out with Albums such as Dark Side of The Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall. This album consisted of the Instrumental opener "One of These Days" which shows off some of the bands creativity with their equipment. Songs such as "Pillow of Winds" and "Fearless" showed off some of the bands ability for creative lyrical writing along with soft but sweet melodies. Songs such as "San Tropez" and "Seamus" demonstrate the groups ability to play different melodic styles of music even though these songs seem to be space fillers compared to all the other tracks on this album. However what really makes this album remarkable is the 24 minute "Echoes" which shows us why we love Pink Floyd in every aspect. This song demonstrates the bands remarkable musical talent along with creative lyrics and genius use of equipment. And don't knock this song because it is so long, this song will keep you attached the entire 24 minutes, trust me. Even though Meddle is not Pink Floyds masterpiece, it set the stage for the Pink Floyd we know and love and without this album they might have never discovered their true sound. Songs such as San Tropez and Seamus while decent, do not hold a candle to the other monsterous tracks displayed and this album and holds the album from being as reknowned as later Albums such as Dark Side of the Moon. Even though this album is lesser known than most, I encourage anyone who loves Pink Floyd or music in general to give this album a listen and discover where the Floyd you know and love started out.

4.2

Sirob
May 14th 2012

wont neg cause it's a first, and the review isnt awful (its actually pretty good), but give it some structure and clean up a
few small grammatical points.

also use some coding to "jazz" up the appearance of your review (italicize and/or bold song titles or names)

SgtPepper
May 15th 2012

"However what really makes this album remarkable is the 24 minute "Echoes" which shows us why we love Pink Floyd in every aspect."
- Amen to that.

Congrats on your first review! It is decent. You describe the songs well, but you dont give enough detail. We want to know more. Other than that, I enjoyed reading this. I agree with the rating. I'll pos because its your first. I hope you keep on writing.

Digging: Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty

YouGotLucky
May 15th 2012

I just listened to this earlier, weird timing. It's aight. Not their best.

AutoRock
May 15th 2012

Echoes is the best pink Floyd song ever.

TheNotrap

The7thVermicide

Echoes and One Of These Days are timeless

rockandmetaljunkie
May 15th 2012

No, the whole album is timeless.

The7thVermicide
May 15th 2012

I know that the whole album rules , but specially that 2 songs are badass as hell

MO

one of my favourites by them, probably 4th best

nice review, quick and to the point, pos

Digging: Immolation - Dawn of Possession

Aids

nearly a 5

Sirob
May 15th 2012

actually the hell with it, have a pos. my first review was so awful and this is much better

May 15th 2012

Good review bro pos. I look forward to your future reviews.

PF/

Digging: Tukaaria - Raw to the Rapine

JamieTwort

20263 Comments

Album rules so hard.

May 15th 2012

Fearless is one of my all time favorite PF songs

JamieTwort

20263 Comments

One of These Days, Pillow of Winds, Fearless and especially Echoes are all up there with Floyd's best IMO.

MO

^^^

Scenegrind

Beautiful album cover.

wacknizzle
May 15th 2012

Pillow of the Winds, One of These Days, Fearless, and Echoes are incredible but I could do without the rest. It's sad how overlooked this album is.

Digging: Plebeian Grandstand - Lowgazers