Primus
Antipop

by FrizzleFried USER (15 Reviews)
April 18th, 2012 | 26 replies | 1,691 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Time for some aggressive Primus.

Coming to Primus. Most fans wouldn't see Primus heading in an agressive path. But bands can take different directions in their music. For example. Have you heard Primus's song Mrs. Blaileen. The agressive tunes can be hidden, but it is a perfect example. This album probably gives off the most agressive tunes for Primus. Coming to this album, It is one of my favorites. This is the one of Primus's best efforts. It is hard not to respect this. The most agressive song on this album is probably Lacquer Head. The song refrences drugs in a very negative way. It introduced more mean and vicious tunes for Primus. This album uses terms in "electric". Which is probably Les just taking a different direction in his humorus writing. The lineup of the weird, unusal trio is.

Les Claypool- bass, vocals
Larry LaLonde- gutair
Bryan Mantia- drums

1. Intro (0:17)
Just a 17 second waltz thingy. Nothing much. At the last 3 seconds Les says "1...2...3..". (No Rating)

2. Electric Uncle Sam (2:55)
Another aggressive song with hard gutair. Tom Morello shreds his gutair (tom morello plays on this track.)
while Les plays his bassline. I can't quite explain this song. But it is well performed. 4/5

3. Natural Joe (4:12)
About a normal guy named Joe. The bassline is quite catchy and very ballsy. The gutair simply "colors" the music. The drumming is also trapped. This tune is also quite aggressive. The lyrics are kind of "dark" but the song is great. They should play it live. 3/5

4. Lacquer Head (3:49)
The music video was banned by MTV because it refrenced drugs. But it refrenced drugs in a very negative way. The first part is not that quite aggressive. But it gets heavier and heavier. The music video made me laugh. And so did the song. Probably one of their best 5/5

5. The Antipop (5:33)
The opening is the sound of church bells. Then the music starts ripping out. This song is not that exciting. But the lyrics are very dark. This song also as synthesizers. The song is about a boy called the "The Antipop" that can't be beat. When he was born the world had a crack in it. Agressive and the riff is catchy. 4/5

6. Eclectic Eletric (8:34)
The opening is very boring. But the song also gets sort of mean. There is some synthesizers that Ler plays. Fun song. But also kind of boring. The broing part gets worse because the song is 8 minutes. So I would probably skip this one. 2.5/5

7. Greet the Sacred Crow (5:10)
Probably one of Primus's weirdest openings for a song. I can't describe it. At 0:49 the song begins. The song is kind of weird. Quite aggressive to. Not much more to say there. 4/5

8. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool (5:04)
One of Primus's very best. But not a hit. The opening is the shredding of the gutair. Very catchy. Vicious tune. The bass is barely heard. Mostly gutair. Shocking. 4.5/5

9. Dirty Drowning Man (4:48)
One of Primus's most unatural. But still good. The bassline is quick but not crazy. The gutair is trapped behind the bass while is strums. The drums also show off. With rapid hits of the ride cymbal. This is a great song. 4/5

10. Ballad of Bodacious (3:28)
Good song. But nothing much to say here. This is pretty much regular Primus. Not so heavy. 4/5

11. Power Mad (3:42)
Another weird opening. The bassline is pretty funky. The gutair is not amazing. Kind of a boring riff. Still I would listen. 4/5

12. Final Voyage of the Liquid Sky (5:39)
One of my favorites. The opening is very weird. This song is kind of aggressive. There is a fun bassline.
Not much more to say. 4.5/5

13. Cottails of a Dead Man (9:57)
Kind of a slow and boring song. But this song is not really 9 minutes long. It is 6:15. At 6:16 a hidden track from Suck On This starts playing. It is called:

14. The Heckler (hidden track) (6:16- 9:57)
Not to aggressive. But I like this song. I usually fast foward on Cottails from a Dead Man to this song. Better then Cottails. Kind of boring at some points. But still good. Listen to "Suck On This" to hear them play it live. 4/5

This album is one of their best. One of their most aggressive. It makes me feel good to hear them get more aggressive. Kind of shocking though. This album sounds like a heavy metal band's album. At some points in every track. Probably one of my favorites. Great album.I would go and buy it. Itispretty fun and funky. And heavy.

-FrizzleFried

Primus They Can't All Be ZingersPrimus Hallucino-Genetics (DVD)
Primus June 2010 RehearsalPrimus The Brown Album
Primus Green NaugahydeRush Permanent Waves
jayfatha (5)
Not many bands can make something that metalheads, goths, and hipsters alike can enjoy. With the rel...

Wintermute (4.5)

At 0:49 the song begins

5/5

Graveyard
April 18th 2012

I love. How. All the sentences. Are like this.

April 18th 2012

Captain Short-Sentence strikes. Again.

Graveyard
April 18th 2012

But. If the sentences. Were well written. Then I wouldn't mind. All the short. Sentences.

@Macadoolahicky
Lol,low life loser.

April 18th 2012

Who gives a load if my sentences are short? What difference does it make? Short sentences. Oh no they are going to destroy the world! Seriously? Stop.... it's retarded.

April 18th 2012

Actually, why don't YOU go back to 1st grade and learn how to construct a fucking sentence?

April 18th 2012

And the losers strike again.

@sonic
.... Er, I dunno. I don't usually give , passwords on things. But, if you can proove your willing to do that. I will. And please out number Throne. He is worse than Dalla.

April 18th 2012

Since that was an ultra quick response, i'm pretty sure you're frizzle, sonic

April 18th 2012

You can't take jokes, can you?

April 18th 2012

Throne, please shut the fuk up. Youkeep coming back to this review, look at the comments. Then complain. And insult. Don't you have anything better to do. Like, doing it to some one else. I'm tired of your whining. Now thst I see this is going to continue for a long period of time. I suggest you go away and whine at someone else's reviews. Do go away!

April 18th 2012

I should makea comic book called "Attack of the Losers" starring,
Macadoolahicky
DallaSheperd
That would be a good comic book.It would also be the truth.
MORAL OF THE STORY IS..... DONT LISTEN TO LOW LIFE LOSERS WHO TRY TO CALL YOU OUT.

April 18th 2012

Sounds like a legit comic. I'd buy it.

Haha so funny :D :D

Yeah it's a legit comic. Starring you and the 2 other losers. :l

sixdegrees
April 18th 2012

track by track? Looks like a further de-evolution in your writing style.

Digging: TIMO DA LEGEND - molsom love/my life

April 18th 2012

Staff this man right now
He can take Sowing's spot

Digging: More Than Life - What's Left Of Me

April 18th 2012

Sonic has to make him contrib first

April 18th 2012

I don't think Sonic is staff. :l.