Septic Grave
Caput Mortuum

by RATCHET SKANK 777 USER (203 Reviews)
April 11th, 2012 | 9 replies

Release Date: 1995 | Tracklist

Review Summary: True Swedish death metal............

I have more old-school Swedish death metal to unleash to you bastard sons and daughters of Satan. I have a band so epic that your head will literally explode upon hearing them. Arterial spray, brain fragments and streams of blood and feces will be gushing through the living-room floor. Their name is Septic Grave and they rip your ***ing face off, stitch it back together and then proceed to rip your re-tailored face off for a second ***ing time before eating it as human prosciutto. They released a demo and a kickass EP in the early mid 90's before calling it a day. The E.P "Caput Mortuum" rules for more than one reason. One, it's Swedish death metal. Two, it doesn't sound like your garden variety Swedish death metal.

The best thing about "Caput Mortuum is that it doesn't replicate the tried and true Stockholm sound meaning the infamous "buzz-saw" guitar tone, raging d-beat influences and deep guttural nun ***ing vokills. Septic Grave manage to incorporate both creativity and melody into their sound without sounding like total pussies. Their sound is Swedish death metal of the highest caliber but for all the skull***ing brutality being administered on this EP, Septic Grave incorporate powerful dynamics to keep their sound fresh and engaging. Tempo manipulation, Blood Fire Death-esque backing synths and acoustic guitar are used to help augment Septic Grave's soul***ing death metal sound.

The guitars rule. Flat out. They can get pretty creative with thick, lurching grooves punching you in the balls at one moment, and faster passages coming out of nowhere and stabbing you like a opiate addicted Vietnamese man jabbing you in the ***ing heart with his bayonet. This E.P is groove oriented with a lot of the riffs having a keen melodic sense to help keep everything beautiful. Once more don't mistake the word beautiful for the word faggot. This is some of the manliest death metal ever released. Vokills are ***ing superb. The guy has a great mid ranged growl that suits the music perfectly. His tone is not obnoxiously low or high, in fact it's just right. Aggressive and intelligible, this guy is the living embodiment of Diocletian curb-stomping the *** out of some Christian punk bitches. The overall bass performance is rather tame but *** it ya know. The bass isn't supposed to be the star of the show. The bass is the bro of the music world. And as it stands the bass has a few standout moments of it's own. Drumming is killer. Fast patterns, slow patterns, it's all ***ing good in the hood. As the tempos shift into speedier waters the drumming gets intense. Real ***ing intense, like a boulder dropping on a midgets head intense.

This is true Swedish death metal for true metal fans. If you're one of those modern core faggots, *** off. This is manly metal for men. Add this delectable gem of a EP to your collection. You won't be disappointed.

Destroyer 666 Of Wolves, Women & WarSo Hideous Last Poem/First Light
13th Moon The Pale Spectre over the WormTheophany Time's End: Majora's Mask Remixed
At Dawn They Sleep Red SunBlack Magick SS Panzerwitch

April 10th 2012

True Swedish death metal......Gay community take no offense to this.

Digging: Mare Cognitum - Phobos Monolith

April 11th 2012

"Add this delectable gem of a EP to your collection. You won't be disappointed."

agreed this sounds awesome

Digging: Impetuous Ritual - Unholy Congregation of Hypocritical Ambivalence

ZedO
April 11th 2012

Hello Bro, you got so many auto ***. Anyway, Swedish death metal is always in my heart, haha. Pos, straight review!

April 11th 2012

Cowards don't even have the decency to show their faces when they neg. Pussies. Thanks zed.

if zedo pos'd you why does it say 0 out of 1, the fuk

ZedO
April 11th 2012

Okay, sorry before, my bad habit in sputnik. I always write a comment and have a pos but forget to click "yes"...

next time for a pos: click "yes" first, then write a positive comment...

April 11th 2012

"Nah it was there last night....proving A. Zed didnt pos....MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES.. MY RATING DROPS TO 97$ THE HORROR OF IT ALL..and B. it was possibly you but in all likelihood a ghost negger."

haha no it wasn't me. I could pos you right now and it'd still be there guarantee. If you need me to show you I can. But ethically I can understand if you don't want because it wasn't givin willingly. So I'd do it to prove the piont if need be but because of your assuming of me I am kind of offended especially since we have an established relationship.

datraman
August 4th 2012

Hey Guys . Help me buy CD Septic Grave - Caput Mortuum . My Email firefox732@gmail.com