John Williams
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

by C I N A E D U S USER (21 Reviews)
April 5th, 2012 | 21 replies | 2,566 views

Release Date: 2001 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Thom Yorke walked into a bar. He got so pissed he sold the Radiohead label to an oil franchise and began a new life as A7X's hairdresser.

Harry Potter was massive. Everyone, from adults to children, were in on the craze. In these days we see these things come and go - Justin Bieber, One Direction, Twilight, The Hunger Games - yet inevitably, they all steadily decline back to where they came from. Yet the undying love for the Harry Potter series has become eternal.
AlthoUgh many would debate this, an album cannot consume your life the way a book and movie can. The sheer detail layered between both mediums outweighs anything that can be produced musically, no matter how 'deep and life-changing' it is. For the Harry Potter faithful, those that lived and breathed the series by J.K.Rowling, know the movies lost themselves about halfway through, abandoning much of the atmosphere and underlying themes adopted by the novel, instead choosing to focus more on petty things, like relationships and humour. Yet Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is one of the few that remained loyal to the book. Watching the movie in this day and age represents how far we've come. Comparing the kids there to what they are today is something out of the ordinary. Although Emma Watson wasn't hot in this film, the power and nostalgia propelling the film, and subsequently the soundtrack, is one that can tear open your brain and shove emotion and memory to the forefront of your thoughts. Every single track on the album is so thought-provoking it hurts. 'Where did all the years go?' 'What happened to the days where I read Harry Potter in order, and then read it backwards? Where everything was peaceful, and all that mattered was Harry and the gang?' This is the soundtrack to our childhood. The level of something else in this soundtrack, embedded within it's soul, which triggers strange emotions in us, is beyond belief. Remember the cheeky yet dramatic 'Mr. Longbottom Flies?' The fast beat tempo, which then transits into one of Harry Potter's most recognizable orchestral riffs. Or of course 'Leaving Hogwarts,' perhaps the most nostalgic, feeling-fuelled song of the lot? There is no debate, the soundtrack is magical. Some may find it ironic that the 'magical' soundtrack is one that accompanies a story about wizards and witches.

I don't see the irony.

Dinosaur Jr. BugMuse The 2nd Law
Wongraven FjelltronenLumsk Troll
Jeremy Soule The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim SoundtrackAvenged Sevenfold Welcome to the Family

yaaay

Ovrot

pos'd

ConcubinaryCode

2066 Comments

Lars Ulrich?

April 4th 2012

Awesome, although you're a fag for saying I know nothing about Kate Bush, I'm actually to see a review for this. Good job sir.

April 4th 2012

easter egg goes to concibunary code
and captain, i never said it.
i merely, suggested it, coz so many people rated it in a matter of days, but it's okay you have proven yourself, and thanks, this soundtrack is awesome.

April 4th 2012

My rating was based off of years of Kate Bush sex and my mom and dad were major fans of Kate Bush so I had no choice. I hope you can understand my taking of offense to such a personal love.

I'll let you go this time ;]

Also have a "pos" that'll actually show up your review. Yes I'm calling you out my buddy Ovrot.

ConcubinaryCode

2066 Comments

Do i get a prize?

April 4th 2012

okay captain im glad we can resolve this argument so well :]
thanks as well
and yeah sure ill pos everyone one of your reviews for the next 6 months

April 4th 2012

Haha thanks bro, that's what friends are for and how can two lovers of Kate not wanna pull a train ;]

YetAnotherBrick
April 4th 2012

this is a 5 for my gf, she's super into scores/soundtracks, i should start listening to more too

parawhorez

woooooo!

leaving hogwarts is so wowww

leaving hogwarts is so wowww

macadoolahicky
April 5th 2012

What's with the random bolds?

Edit: Nevermind, you sick fuck! xD

nm reading ravens review

19672 Comments

cool review, but isn't it harry potter and the "sorcerer's" stone? book was called philosopher's stone.

ravanevige

mindleviticus
November 14th 2012

The Sorcerer's stone is for the Scholastic Corporation for United States. Philosoher's Stone is for everywhere else

19672 Comments

ah, anyways cool album John Williams is the shit didn't realize he composed so many great movies

"ravanevige"