Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Brain Salad Surgery

by Johnny McCombs USER (13 Reviews)
April 3rd, 2012 | 28 replies

Release Date: 1973 | Tracklist

Review Summary: POWERFUL MOVING PROVOCATIVE AFFECTING SCARY DELIRIOUS UNSETTLING MACABRE CLEVER CREEPY DAZZLING WICKED BRILLIANT.

The music begins, I'm seated in a classical country kitchen, tablecloth an emulation of pure polka-dotted joy, fork in right, knife in left, and immediately placed before me is a rotisserie chicken cuisine, full of starch-rich potatoes, juicy black olives, and broth of blubber than would melt even the stoutest of maid's panties. Aye, even the sun was hungry, as it stared upon this great feast, for there were no shadows upon it, and my back was warm with revelations of the next bite. I'm sure this blasts the past into many of your faces as you may be thinking back to the high-times, every day fit for a king, every meal seemed to feed your eyes as well as your mouth. The reason for my speaking of the high-times as past-tense is this- one may feel happy, but to look back upon the high-times is pure bliss, a water color it may even seem, as the joy is immense even above sight. Or mind-sight. Such is the way with Brain Salad Surgery. It grows to a steady rhythm of a heart beat as is my love for it... It sings to a steady beat, as is my throat in soft sobbing of these immense tunes... It clarifies like a pool shock floating to bits until it is one with the water, such is the way of Brain Salad Surgery.

Ah yes, even now I remember the days when beautiful pollen was tickling my very nasal passages, as the bike rushed forth to the pleading "Jerusalem". To fools, this pollen is a choking, surface coating, sperm of the devil...this may yet be the case... But as the bike rushed forth to the harrowing keys of Emerson, the bellowing throat of Lake, and the steady but forthwith drumming of Palmer, I found NO devil in our midst. For aye, the flesh of these men are far in the horizon, but the souls are right with me, in the headphones, as candy sweet and sappy to my ears. Even as a piano player, I am very careful to make sure that none can hear my very soul, but that is because I am but a fool. That's right, a fool... But Emerson, Lake and Palmer are no such thing. For upon their helms are golden kingdoms. And upon these kingdoms are kingdoms of gold.

But yes, you may be thinking of the curse. The curse that left Emerson, Lake and Palmer always "skimming the surface" as one may say. Emerson, Lake and Palmer always had songs of such incredible merrymaking that one indeed may *** their pants. But its always a shame when there are songs like "Benny the Bouncer" is it not? No. Its not. Because there is a difference between "tasting" music and "feeling" music. The majority of the songs we enjoy are the ones that stimulate what we feel, am I right? No. I'm not right. Because even the classics in the movie world, may I present "Metropolis"? Have intermissions at time, meaning one in even the midst of the most profound of a musical orgasm needs a break. In this case, I may present to you a nacho, as is reminiscent of humblest, "Benny the Bouncer" . For indeed the intermission is part of the painting so to speak, but its also a time to focus the well being of your stomach, to be swiftly, I assure you, satisfied with the proudest of nachos.

But on to "Toccata". Tis a reminder of life's hardest crusts, I believe. For even the hopes, even the assumption that we are not alone in this universe falls short on a note, for an extra-being may come and present himself to you and the entire earth at once, astounded by his beauty, macabre, and drastic brow. And you yourself shall be aware at this instant that this being is in existence. But can you be sure that another of these is sure? Can you know one can know? Or is this an impenetrable crust? Even so, cherish the humor of the smiling weasel. But nay, all crusts can be peeled off the bread, but whether that bread is rye, wheat, or corn...none can know.

But after the crust, we are surprised to see a gentle, moist, morsel that CAN be penetrated. It turns me on. Much like the song a familiar bard named Greg Lake can play hmm? "Still You Turn Me On". Indeed. Immediately "do you want to be the player? do you want to be the string?" comes in and soothes your very soul. And this bread, even the very soul mourns for you to just take a bite, vigorously not withheld, and enjoy the very embodiment of this sweet moist morsel. And you enjoy it, and chimes come to your soul, as the greenest of mountains are not withheld from your view. And steams of blood float down the inside of your throat, as does the ejaculation of this morsel, as it is very happy you decided to take a bite out of it's friendly gentle moist squishy embodiment, and in the middle you find you may have found a morsel spirit, one of the most beautiful women nymph fairies on the planet. And this morsel sprang forth with a drink of milk. Greg lake's nose may be riddled with prose, but for God's sake it's a slimy snake tracing the form of a maid's crater.

Ah, yes. The nachos are yet ready. The chips are not unlike a sword to strike down evil are they? No, indeed not. The cheese is the pounding declaration of love, the cream is a self-applying paste of true love, rubbed around your mouth with beautiful legs, and salsa is the spicy screwin' that comes with it. Indeed.

And I remember the days of sitting out on the porch reading the fine tales of Gandalf and the Fellowship of the ring. Indeed a grand opus such as this can be riddled with "Karn Evil 9" can it not? I am sorry, for even now, after meal, maid, and crust...I can give few words to match the absolute cunning of this grand piece. For it is the song of days to come, swords to clash, meals to eat, mead to cherish, wounds to perish, children to play, bombs to blow, trains to slow, crops to grow, maids to ***, nips to suck, guns to duck, and sights to see. But even now I've been in a bumper mood today -_- but im picking up now, going to try and go to the zone.

well today was an amazing day. walk all the way to dalton, no sleep at all, talk to her. honestly not sure if it helped, made things worst, or keep it the same. honestly not worried about it. about got arrest for sticking up for dustin. he did get arrest. this wasnt his fault!! hahah cop got made when i started agureing and start to win, so he drove off XD what a fat loser :P