Foxes
Five-Track 2012

by fsupride USER (2 Reviews)
April 2nd, 2012 | 13 replies | 3,402 views

Review Summary: Foxes’ debut EP reminds us that emo isn’t a genre of teenage angst and bad poetry

Hailing from Perth, the five piece collective Foxes, present us with an abrasive, cold, dark, and affectionate release, simply entitled, Five-Track. Foxes excel at their ability to develop their songs without straying far off, each song well structured. When entwined, the riffs and shrill vocals of Foxes’ demo sheds light on a golden opportunity of success.

The Five-Track’s music focus on what emo was great for, lyrics of sadness and dismay, empty and lost feelings that eat at us portrayed through brash and painful vocals. Right off the bat, Foxes exemplify their musical talents with the first track, ‘...So I Walk Alone Into The Dawn Of The Next Day’, featuring a strong instrumental period after the final lyrics of “My thoughts will be the death of me”. ‘Let The Pen Be Your Voice And The Paper The Ear’ and ‘Its Getting Cold, I’m Getting Cold’ further showcase Foxes talent vocally and instrumentally, with passages that relay a near impossible message, of sharing emotions of defeat and sadness. Although not a standout track, 'My Open Hands Were Once Welcoming' exemplifies Foxes coercion between vocals and instruments. The EP is anchored by the 7 minute battle titled, ‘Blue’, reminding us that we cannot escape inevitability, and we are forced to fight through battles, but, “We’ll always be together.”

April 2nd 2012

First review, make it hurt.

silentpotatorocks

great writing

April 2nd 2012

Thank you, how can I edit a review? I seem to be glancing over it.

BlueW
April 3rd 2012

2092 Comments

local band, you perthian?

April 3rd 2012

Nah, I'm from USA, heard these guys on The Pit FM, was instantly hooked.

BlueW
May 15th 2012

2092 Comments

oh hahaha pit.fm me mate host's on that show. Although I can't be bothered listening

AYearInReview
May 24th 2012

Such an awesome band. Can't wait for their split with Iselia

sniper
October 14th 2012

lol at summary paired with recommended by reviewer section

ALucidReality
November 26th 2012

Really short, but well-written. Also, this isn't their first EP. There was a 3-track before this. Otherwise, good job.

Nikkolae