KISS
Destroyer

by FrizzleFried USER (15 Reviews)
April 1st, 2012 | 11 replies | 1,267 views

Release Date: 1976 | Tracklist

Ahhh Kiss....
These party boys with awesome makeup. We have ourselves the Starchild Paul Stanley The Demon Gene Simmons the Cat Peter Criss and the Spaceman Ace Frehley. The classic Kiss is all about girls and partying. An album name like "Destroyer" would more likley be for a Metal band.Nope, a classic rock band used it. Oooooh switch! KISS formed in the 70's. That's more like it. Now on to Destroyer.

Destroyer is a classic and personally one of my favorites. With radio hits like "Beth" and "Detroit Rock City". I personally rate this as one of KISS's best records. This album is defineantly kick ***. A well played type of record for classic rock. Especially for a Rock Band like KISS. Destroyer is packed with KISS's most classic, popular, famous in KISS history songs. This album really has awesome, catchy, riffs. Phenomonanol drumming, and lyrics that TOTALLY relate to KISS. This is one of KISS's most best performed. They are great musicians. This album gives KISS it's name. The name "Destroyer" is more likley to be used in death metalor thrash metal or just plain heavy metal bands. But I guess not. KISS surley used a heavy metal album title. But what does that have to do with the epic tunes and songs on this album? At least the songs are good! And in most live concerts, the song "Shout It Ould Loud" ends the concert. Sweet Pain is also a great song. The hit "Beth". Was written by Peter Criss and performed by him. It is a song dedicated to his wife saying "sorry" to her because he is not avalible at many times. And Great Expectations, sang by Gene is one of my favorites to. Destroyer was their fourth album. King of the Nighttime World is also one of my favorites. In fact, all of the song's off of this album are my favorites. Rock and Roll party is a quickie. So it dosen't really suprise me. It clocks in at 1 minute and 25 seconds. The lentgh of this whole album clocks in at 32 minutes and 12 seconds.

To end this review, this album overall is freaking amazing. Go and buy it. I am sure if you go to a record store they have it. They might run out of them (I doubt it). But buy it while you can! You will not regret it!

Primus They Can't All Be ZingersPrimus Hallucino-Genetics (DVD)
Primus June 2010 RehearsalPrimus The Brown Album

nice

Digging: Total Control - Typical System

DallaShepherd
April 1st 2012

Won't neg, but this needs a lot of work.

You only have three paragraphs, that is like a Harriet Klausner review! Worse still, you don't really include any information or details on the songs that would help somebody who hasn't heard the album understand what it sounds like. Try actually talking about the songs instead of providing background details that don't really tell us anything about the actual album you are reviewing (the whole bit about the album title was completely irrelevant the way you presented it.) Try to be a bit more specific in your praise/criticism as opposed to just saying how awesome/terrible everything is.

Also, I would say to not review something with so many reviews already, but only because you are agreeing with them. Did we really need another 4.5-5 star review of this album? A 1-2 star maybe, if only to offer dissenting opinion, but not more all encompassing praise.

Also, proofread before you upload. Lots of typos here.

NeutralThunder12
April 1st 2012

beth is one of the worst songs ive ever heard

Graveyard

@neutral - and great expectations :/

mastille

Phenomonanol

is that a drug

FrizzleFried
April 2nd 2012

More hate. Listen, I am getting hate everywhere. It gets old. I am done with it to. It is shit. I don't want to hear it.

mastille
April 2nd 2012

This isn't 'hate', lol... Just limit yourself to one review a day instead of four, and proofread your reviews before submitting them, there's also a section on the message boards where you can paste reviews for advice before submitting them. Then you might get better feedback on them. Basically what DallaShepherd said.

DominionMM1

kickass album

Digging: Devangelic - Resurrection Denied

FrizzleFried
April 14th 2012

Say I if you think DominionMM1 needs to get a life.