Eat a Helicopter
Descend Into Darkness

good

by corycantrell USER (3 Reviews)
March 30th, 2012 | 21 replies

Review Summary: track 3 and 5 show that Eat A Helicopter have a chance at making something great.

Eat a Helicopter is hailed from Albuquerque, New Mexico, The band released The Pessimist in 09 and, was a below average release , Plus the production didnt help the The Pessimist much at all making it sound very dull. Now they have Descend into Darkness ,bye first glance the album artwork is pretty badass and already looks better than the pessimist, im going to go track bye track on this EP to try to give a better understanding.

1. Blood Dynasty (scourge) the opening track talks about the zombies taking over everything and the hole world going to ***. Alex Sterling shows us a good vocal range ,and JP shows us his amazing double bass speed. the riffs on this song are pretty good ,and show the guitarists talents. not a special track but its solid enough. 3/5

2. Eternal Decay starts off heavy and good ,but becomes bland about 2 minutes in and then their are gang vocals which ruin the song for me. Sadly i give this track. 2/5

3. Maggot Mouth is my favorite track off the album ,and starts off with some weird synth ,then Alexs best performance is on this track. His vocals come off extremely strong. The breakdown at 1:43 is one of his best moments on this ep ,and i like the edition of synthezisers on this track it just gives it more depth. I give this track 5/5 its just simple that good.

4 Sluggard ( Infected With Life ) is just the same thing over and over again breakdown after breakdown. Its sadly my least favorite track , But if your a fan of just plain deathcore u will love this. 2/5

5. Lovers Wrought is a great track starting off heavy ,and then some wierd synth in the begginning that actually fits very well. then the band steps out of their comfort zone a bit and has , And extremly mellow passage with alex putting forth some really emotional vocals. It shows that these guys have progressed greatly. The song ends of with a good breakdown ,and almost kind of dubstep in the background. I give this track a 5/5

Pros
good vocals
out standing drumming
good synth elements
good guitar work

Cons
gang vocals
2 songs are very bland
songwriting could improve for example track 1

recommended songs
Maggot Mouth
Lovers Wrought

3.2
good

March 30th 2012

if I ate a helicopter I'd die, I don't want that. also the album art is atrocious

Digging: Kangding Ray - Solens Arc

Shuyin
March 30th 2012

band as well, it sucks hard

Digging: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain

Eclecticist
March 30th 2012

lol that is one of the worst band names that I have ever seen

qwe3

but i dont wanna eat a helicopter : (

March 30th 2012

lol look at the overall rating on their first lp

Graveyard

Besides The Browning, this band has the worst name ever

I ate a helicopter once and died, I don't want to go through that experience again

Digging: Sugary Sweet Machines - Controlled Breathing

March 30th 2012

i thote it was major inprovement and yes there name is quite retarded but im just listening to the music not there name

Shiduba
March 30th 2012

I think the band name is pretty memorable, and it's all that matters these days, you want people to
remember that you exist. Anyways, I like this EP, it certainly is much darker than your average
deathcore. Heavy stuff.

Hep Kat

OMG REVIEWER

U RELATED TO THE JERRY CANTRELL???!!?

no i dont think so? lol

more fag bands yay

Digging: Invisible - El jardin de los presentes

eat a fistfull of glass

Graveyard

Eat a Donkey

ILJ
March 30th 2012

Stupid as fuck band name. Won't listen.

give em a chance man

alachlahol
March 30th 2012

rippin off dark angel and probably dont even know it

KjSwantko
March 30th 2012

why the hell would I want to eat a helicopter

VisionsFromTheDarkSide
March 30th 2012

That cover art looks like one of the Suicide Silence cover arts, can't remember which one though (don't really pay that much attention to that kinda music)

Digging: Noah Gundersen - Ledges

March 31st 2012

But they're delicious

Digging: Interpol - El Pintor

March 31st 2012

Pepto-Bismol does the trick : )