Repugnant
Epitome of Darkness

by CaptainDooRight USER (93 Reviews)
March 23rd, 2012 | 37 replies

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Passion Defined

Pure truth that never ends. If you've never heard of these guys or listened to this album for that matter, you need to literally drop everything your doing right now[including your penis Ire].

Never has passion been captured so well since the great flood of nephilim demons. First of all the backbone of Repugnant is in their blood. While the Swedes don't always make great music, they definitely have the ability to do so within them. Everything about "Epitome of Darkness" is pure. These guys don't write blasting fast thrash riffs for the sack of doing so. I mean by this is the music seems to feel so natural, as if guitarist Tobias just picked up his axe, waved his hand over, and pure originality came out of it. For an artist to write extreme music while being original is almost unheard. Usually you get bands who make skill but sound like all their counterparts. Literally, there is not one dull track on this LP. Every songs is pure genius. Where Jesus' teachings could fill all the libraries of the world, the details of every awesome moment in "Epitome of Darkness" could do the same.

Starting with the production which is the backbone of "EOD", the instrumental level all balanced perfectly so that the end and low ends of every sound pushes just hard enough. You can blast this album as loud as you want. The vocals are evil and filthy and never tweak out of composure, but rather their upfront, and in your face, holding just enough reverb in them to rest nicely on your ears. What really makes this album amazing is the audible bass that seems to have a real crusty feel to them. Bassist G. Grotesque can be best heard on "Another Vision" where he backs up the lead guitarist' solo's. G. Grotesque bass lines fit perfectly on the drummer bass beats which just oozes of enjoyment. He can often be heard on many tracks, backing up the riffs while poping out as a hook to the next riff or continuation of the current.

Although "Epitome of Darkness" is laced with endless riffs that are as heavy as Rhino testicles, they fit all in perfect unison. To have every song just as heavy as the last, and still be successful is a feat worth mentioning. It's like a sandwhich where the bread is a good as the internal contents. The album opening and closer start off purely true. "Hungry of the Damned" starts off with just enough mellow riffs to get your ears accustomed to the production's atmosphere before unleashing everything it can do. During the onslaught Repugnant shows everyone they are more than capable of thrashing and deathing harder than anything you've heard before, while still sounding completely original while doing it. The riffs are so heavy and fresh and never show signs of letting up due to human fatigue.

If you want passion you will listen to this now. Repugnant's "Epitome of Darkness" is one of the best albums to come out of 2005 that should be known for many more years to come. This is album that will never to deliver on all accounts. When passion is truth, truth is passion.

Dropped Flyer Electronic CigaretteAbacus Abacus
Van der Graaf Generator Pawn HeartsFinch (NL) Beyond Expression
Orwell AVOHFASIHOdyssey (USA) An Abstract Existence

Digging: Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

MoosechriS
March 23rd 2012

Review much at the moment? Theyve all been awesome

March 23rd 2012

thanks bro, just feelin it man, i can't hold back, the passion is pushing me

check this now

March 23rd 2012

thanks bro but I can't deny the passion if I didn't write these up on the spur of the moment like I just did, then I wouldn't be true and I'd gay like indie pop fags

plus Chuck is pissed there isn't any m/ on the front page

March 23rd 2012

now you're speaking truth, do you have passion in your heart?

album slays

this is the same dude from ghost too

Digging: Satan's Satyrs - Demo 2010

EATINGGGGGGGGGG FROM A COFFFFFFFFFFFFIN

fulgrim

/m day.

yeah bro Friday's slow so I thought I'd contribute to the m/ cause

plus I've been thinking about Chuck alot lately too

fulgrim
March 23rd 2012

well at least i've got some good stuff to listen to over the weekend now.

March 23rd 2012

hell yeah fulgrim, stay true

March 23rd 2012

no bro I can't review an album that's already been done, that's deal between me and the mods to exist

but damn if I could I'd review that hard, fuck need to listen now!!

YUJOS
March 23rd 2012

Captain you're on fire!!!

Digging: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III - Saturnian Poetry

March 23rd 2012

sup bro, you need to hear this now, it's amazing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7jVVBn9s6w

March 23rd 2012

Go review everything on my iron sludge tits list captain

March 23rd 2012

i actually listened to them all last night at least once through and am gonna jam them again, some good, some okay, but bro did you reply to my message about the instrumental death band? i wanna rev that hard bro

MO
March 23rd 2012

Yep this rules too. You're in you way to being the next hawks. Keep it up man, show these pussies what metals all about m/

fuck yeah bro

I'm don't compare myself to others bro cuz I love eveyone scept for indie pop fags

but I just do what I do bro

you're prolly stoked you can shred the drums bro, i would be too

MO
March 23rd 2012

Oh yes, add a menacing stature to boot and people tend to get out of my way