Pryda
Animal/Miami To Atlanta/Loaded

good

by Michael Giguere USER (3 Reviews)
March 21st, 2012 | 3 replies | 1,159 views

Review Summary: Great dance music without the depth usually associated with the genre.

Look, it's just been scientifically proven that Swedish people are better than us. They're super rich, super beautiful, and super good at pretty much everything. Take Nicklas Lidstrom for example. He's the best European to ever play hockey. Also, they make Swedish fish, so they have that going for them.

So I cut Pryda a break for his mediocre effort on this EP, seeing as he has a lot to live up to. Animal/Miami to Atlanta/Loaded has the trademark Swedish feel with great progression and melodies. It's just lacking in depth. When I listen to trance or house, I look for something that hooks me in and makes me want to drop everything going on currently and host a wild dance party. This EP doesn't quite get there, though it should be said that "Miami to Atlanta" is certainly one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time in this genre.

Moral of the story, download "Miami to Atlanta" if you're looking for a great track to add to your party mix. But don't expect the best trance you've ever heard. It's a comparable sound to all the other great European dance artists (David Guetta, Armin van Buuren, etc) but without the depth that they bring to the table.

3.1
good

SCREAM!
March 21st 2012

"great European dance artists (David Guetta, Armin van Buuren, etc) but without the depth that they bring to the table."

Did you really just use the words great, David Guetta and depth in the same sentence?

mikeg1992
March 21st 2012

I guess I did. Perhaps we define depth differently? And as for great, I'm ok with having a different taste in music than you. Apparently you're not.

clercqie
December 24th 2013

Used to be so into this guy, back in the day. Miami To Atlanta is still a fan-fucking-tastic track.

Digging: Interpol - El Pintor