Metro Zu
HashPipe Jazz

by Der Fleischgewordene Satan USER (1 Reviews)
March 19th, 2012 | 37 replies | 3,362 views

Review Summary: A mellow mixtape that may prove to be danker than what you're currently smoking.

Often times in order to create something new and compelling one needs to revert back to the original model. Metro Zu achieves this by blending 50's jazz samples, with a contemporary flow that whispers of kush related themes. With the ecstatic spirit of unruly youths Metro Zu are composed of RubennSlikk, Mr. B and Lofty who produces.It should be noted that this mixtape is more or less an EP finishing at almost 25 minutes.

HashPipeJazz's appeal is seen through the glass of a bong and a gusto for jazzy hip-hop. A perspective that the older stoner may appreciate for its facility to relate and toke to. And equally the young crowd whose often silly lyrics allow for a pause to laugh and relax.

What makes this a great record is how one can affiliate with the lyrics. “Hit the road with a sack a dro in my gold phone, blowin cones with crippy and swiflty dip when I see the red and blue lights blinkin.” Now im not too sure about the lyrics “gold phone and blowin cones” as im judging by ear but regardless the point is that one can relate. As an avid smoker im constantly on the watch for sneaky pigs who'll frisk my *** if they feel like it. This album is simply the daily drama of a smoker's life including bitches, large amounts of swag and the perpetual drive for money. “ Once again, evaded the coppers, now's a good time for a blunt and a whopper.” Another great lyric showing the strong potential to connect with its listeners. Every pothead knows how good it feels to smoke a blunt and quench those subsequent munchies.

Along with jazz influences Metro Zu douses in spacy, trippy beats that help invigorate the otherwise all jazz album. Said spacy beats help link other drug-lated topics such as that of LSD and shrooms. For instance “Fungi”, a track composed of jubilant piano samples truly captures the emotion one might feel when tripping. This album's goal is to encourage a relaxed friendly environment in the most hazy of college dorms and aside from a few average tracks this is achieved. And so in the words of Metro Zu I leave you reader, an empty bowl and a fat blunt.
“Bong on deck, keef in ma bowl, ash catcher with the built–in perks ho, kush on deck and it got the glow, crystals look like it got dipped in pure snow.”

Top Tracks
Movin'
Bong on Deck
U Feel Me?

2.6

sup guys

bump

March 19th 2012

sup cells, awesome your first rev!! For so someone who is aware of so many bands it's nice to see an contrib. Haven't read review yet but will and I'll check this out just cuz it's you bro.

Digging: Deniro Farrar - The Patriarch II

March 19th 2012

Haha thanks man, this is actually my third review, the other ones are on another acc. Please feel free to criticize or point out any errors on my behalf and im sure you'll love this!

March 19th 2012

sounds like I need to grab the bong

habitual cheifer myself as well

awesome rev, somehow you've managed to make me wanna listen to this whilst given me a sesh craving. Always win. POS.

March 19th 2012

Glad to hear you liked it bro

hey Cells is this them

there's a mediafire link on his page, is that the one your talking about?

also if that's the correct one, my cousin writes hip-hop too and no joke that sounds exactly like him.

Tupik
March 20th 2012

This sounds amazing, I'll be sure to listen to it

March 20th 2012

That is them and you can find a dl by typing in the album name in google or on their website as well

m/

why the neg

March 21st 2012

def wasn't me bro, i don't neg rev's, i auto pos'd as soon as i saw ur name

March 21st 2012

yeah Ik it wasnt you but its still about as gay as how this album is getting no attention...

March 21st 2012

the dl i got was chill but I only like hip hop only if it's liquid swords status na mean

lancebramsay
March 22nd 2012

oooh, I will check this out for sure. This site has been lagging behind on hip-hop this year.

btw, it is spaceghostpurrp

Tupik
March 24th 2012

Pretty nice album indeed. The rapping is mostly lazy but the beats are chill.

"This site has been lagging behind on hip-hop this year."

There hasn't been anything particularly mindblowing yet, and the album closest to that status (at least imo) hasn't been reviewed yet (Big KRIT). I might get on that but yeah it's been going pretty slow so far.

6justice6detty6

shitty review fuck you

lol sonic

JosephLong
April 9th 2012

i think u ned to proof reed

April 9th 2012

sonic, do you really want to go to war?